Chapter 12

☆Blaze☽

Chapter 12:

"That's a joke, right?" Mi stifled a laugh and pulled the car over, looking behind him and into the carrier, where a sleeping baby lay.

"You fucking idiot!" He yelled out, pounding his fist on the dashboard. I was just happy it wasn't my face instead. The eyes of the baby flickered open, widening at us.

"You woke it up." I whispered, the baby didn't cry, just looked around curiously.

"Holy shit, we are so fucking done. You absolute moron. We have to go take it back." He made a sharp U-turn, the baby carrier sliding across the seats and hitting one of the doors.

He pulled back up to the park, which seemed to be in the exact state it was before, no one had noticed the missing child yet.

Mi didn't command me to do it this time like I thought he would; he got out of the car and grabbed the baby. I guess he trusted me even less than before, I guess that made sense though.

"Stay right here." He growled at me like I was a small child.

I watched from the window as Mi stomped across the park, no one noticing his presence. It was then I spotted a young woman walking out of the other side of the park where the fence opened up onto the street, a baby carrier in her hand.

I couldn't help but get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Holy shit, she was taking home ecstasy.

Mi placed the baby down and glanced around the park quickly before running back to the car. He opened the door and fell into the driver's seat, panting.

He sped away from the curb yet again, not bothering to put on his seatbelt.

"There's a woman-"

"I know, we have to follow her." He cut me off, jerking the car around the corner to the other side of the park.

"But, her baby is alone and-"

"She'll get it eventually, or someone will."

"Someone could take her child! We have to go get it and bring it back to her and-"

"And say what, Lake? 'Hey, Dipshit accidentally stole your baby, what you've got there is a shit ton of drugs. Care to trade?'" He screamed it at me, and I turned my gaze out the window. I could feel a headache coming on.

"Well then how do you expect to get it from her?"

"Steal it." He said. I gaped at him, there was no way we could do that.

He slowed the car down as we approached the woman; she was walking casually, swinging the carrier slightly. She looked about our age, I didn't know if it was her kid or if she was just watching it, but I wasn't one to judge. Mistakes happen. I, for one, believed that no mistake should be counted as worse than another.

Mi's voice broke me from my thoughts, shouting at me.

"Go talk to her, you have one of those innocent faces. Charm her or something, and then take it when she's not looking,"

I sucked in a deep breath, I could feel a sharp pain in my chest. This wasn't who I was. Deceiving, secretive.

"No." I stated firmly. Mi looked at me in complete shock.

"Do you not realize how much shit we are in if we don't get that back? They will think we stole from the,, and we will be literally dead."

I felt fear creeping from my toes up to the tips of the hair on my head. I never wanted to be in this deep.