Words I Never Knew Could Hurt So Bad (Arc I End)

"It's amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the pieces." ~ Ella Harper

Denki's POV

I groan softly, my chest hurts, my lungs are on fire, and I can smell something....is that caramel? I open my eyes and looked upon the sleeping faces of Kirishima and Bakugou. I smile slightly, they looked so peaceful. 

Wait why am I here again?

I tried to think, then I remembered. I remembered the feeling of my crush holding me in his strong arms. I remember him crying, over me. I look over at Kirishima and felt a pang of guilt and sadness wash over me. 

That's when I noticed that Bakugou and Kirishima had puffy eyes. Like they had been crying for a long time. Which took me by suprise. Bakugou had been crying too?

I looked at Bakugou and smiled a little, I felt bad, but I was happy that they had cried. Because it showed how much they cared.

I regretted thinking that less than a second after.

I couldn't breathe.

The flowers seemed to have launched themselves in my throat.

I pull myself away from the cute couple and hurriedly go into the bathroom. I hunch over the toilet and before I know it, I start throwing my guts up, or at least it certainly as hell felt like it.

Once the flowers were out, it was easier. Blood leaked out of my mouth and into the toilet, but at least I could semi-breathe now.

"Denks...?" a groggy voice murmured from the doorway.

I turned my head, expecting to see Kirishima, but instead, I saw a bleary-eyed Bakugou standing there. The sight of him made more flowers well up in my throat.

Bakugou looked at me with an emotion I had never seen come from his eyes before, it was pure worry. He came over to me and knelt beside me, ignoring the fact he was getting blood all over himself. He put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug.

I froze, was the almighty Katsuki fucking Bakugou hugging me?! The angry 24/7 semi bully, pomeranian, was hugging me. Me! Dunce face Kaminari, pikachu, laughing stock of 1A and probably the whole fucking school!

"You feel any better?" Bakugou asked, he looked down at me in his arms.

"w-why are you hugging me?" I asked, still in a stupor.

Bakugou furrowed his brows, "Because...I'm....." he coughed a little and avoided eye contact with me, "i'm..." he seemed to be at a loss for words. 

Finally he said the four words I thought was impossible for him to say.

"I'm worried about you..."

I gape at him, a few petals slipping out of my mouth, "what....why?!" 

"Tch," he said, but his grip on me tightened, and for some reason, I felt safe.

"Because you're a good friend okay!?" He snapped.

Good friend...... 

How could the word friend hurt so fucking bad, it made my chest ache. All of a sudden I was kneeling over the toilet again, coughing and gagging violently. Blood and petals flooded out of my mouth. The blood was getting everywhere, overflowing the toilet at this point. 

"D-dunce face!?" Bakugou asked, panicked.

Dunce face, dumbass, charger, useless.

I felt the blood and petals slowly come to a stop, but that seemed to only worsen my coughing and gagging. My eyes filled with tears as I tried to get whatever was in my throat out. My coughing turned into wheezing and I clawed at my throat desperately as I felt the lack of oxygen.