The Lost Gem

Betwixt offspring of an unforeseen mismatch,
Repossesses her grandmother's old, forgotten badge.

In a sack of paper-thin, sweet, brown bark
Arrives in the land of the Peacocks to leave her mark.

Comes as the scion of a single clan - leaves as of two,
Shall turn a vain lass and all foreseen untrue. 

Either you have read The Exiled Gem and still stuck on with Alexandra, or you are simply giving this a try- for the first time- despite the warning in the description. 

Either ways, I'm grateful. 

This one won't cover fourteen years. Won't have spies and trials and a lot of days. Ah, nah. As far as I have planned, it is the story of a single year and a prophecy. But it doesn't revolve around it like HP series or PJ series. The year, of course, is 364 B.C. And now, I know Alexander the Great didn't live till it. Nor did his son- I haven't even heard of him having a daughter... But that's the entire point of Historical Fiction. It's all, as we say, FICTION.

This is the first draft. The very first time I'm penning it down - or... keying this tale down. Feel free to give criticism, or make my day with a praise. Do vote and comment - then again, no pressure - because well, silent reading has its own fun. Don't mind the hardwork (I'm not sarcastic), we anyhow enjoy it.

If you have been patient enough to read this, believe me, you are immortal.

Jokes apart, let us see, what happens to Princess Ophelia - our Gem who's going to get lost in Theronsia - the land of Peacocks. And what is all this with "Anklets" and "Venomous Queens" and bodyguards and friendships. Why is this not Ophelia's own story, but a continuation of her parents'?

Read on, to find out.

Love,
Venus