•CHAPTER IX•

After their dinner, Mr. Myoui dropped them on their respective houses since it is kinda late, if he would let the kids walk alone in the streets. It was now Jeongyeon, he'll gonna drop off and everyone bid goodbye to her, and respond with a feeble wave and a wide grin.

Once the vehicle was out of her sight, the latter entered inside their house and remove her shoes.

"Mom, I'm home!" She yelled, but she got nothing in reply. Then she felt something's off, because the house is dead silent. Usually when she'll return from work, her mom would wait for her at the living room watching some shows on the tv, or at the kitchen cooking foods for dinner.

Sweat starts to break on her forehead, as she walk towards the kitchen. Unfortunately, her mom's not there, so the next thing she thought is her room. Without wasting any second, Jeongyeon hurriedly went upstairs and barged inside her mother's room.

"Eomma!" She yelled in surprise as she saw her mother, lying on the floor unconsciously. The girl went to her mom and attempt to wake her up by shaking her body, but it's useless.

Jeongyeon immediately pulled out her cellphone and dialled 911. She doesn't know what to do, since panic is getting into her nerves. Few minutes later, a siren can be heard on their neighborhood and Jeongyeon knew that it is the rescuer. So she carried her mom downstairs, and the paramedics put the lady on the stretcher and was carried inside the ambulance.

They now reach the hospital and the doctors, along with nurses helped them to assist the patient. Jeongyeon still followed them inside but a nurse stop her to enter inside the emergency room, and was instructed to stay at the reception hall, which she obliged.

Her mind is clouded with thoughts and her expression is blank. She pulled out her phone and dialled a number, which took atleast 4 rings to answer.

"Hey, what's up? Did you miss me already?"

"Chaeyoung-ah, I'm at the hospital right now."

"W-what?! W-what happened? Why are you there?"

"I'll tell you when you're here. I'm at Ansan Medical University Hospital."

"Be there in 5 minutes."

"Okay. Be careful on your way here."

After the call, Jeongyeon leaned back on the seat and her mind is still processing what is happening. She don't know what to do, and she's so stressed as hell. The latter then run her fingers on her locks, and sigh in frustration.

True to her words, Chaeyoung arrived at the hospital and quickly searched for her friend. When she saw her, she immediately went to her side and tapped her shoulders.

"Are you alright? What happened to auntie?" Chae asked worriedly as she sit beside Jeongyeon.

"I don't know what happened, but when I enter inside the house it feels that something's off. So I searched for my mom, and I saw on her room, lying on the floor unconscious." The older said and Chae just hug her, since she think that she need that.

"It's alright, unnie. Everything will be fine." The younger comforted her and rub circles on her back.

"Who is the guardian of Mrs. Kang?" The doctor asked and Jeongyeon raised her hand.

(A/N: so maybe some of you were confused, so lemme explain. In Korea, the wife cannot inherit her husband's surname, and only their child can. So, the wife will still use her maiden name. Get me?)

"How's my mom, doc?" Jeongyeon asked him, hoping that he'll deliver a good news to her.

"As of now, your mom is stable. She passed out due to over fatigue and malnutrition." The doctor informed and Jeongyeon sighed in relief.