•CHAPTER XVI•

After Jeongyeon's mom calmed down, the latter assisted her mom to go back inside her room and take a rest. As soon as they arrived, She tucked her mom under the covers and immediately fall asleep. On the other side, Jeongyeon keeps on thinking about her father's shitty excuse and her mother's current status. A deep sigh escaped on her mouth as she leans her back on the couch.

Few minutes passed her uncle and auntie arrived to switch places, as Jeongyeon prepares to leave since she has work to do in the convenience store.

"Jeongyeon-ah, drink this before you go." Her uncle handed her an energy drink and the latter accepted it and thanked the man. Jeongyeon bid goodbye and then left the hospital. She ride her bike and went to their house to prepare herself for work.

When the latter arrived, she spotted Jaebom arranging the boxes outside. It seems that the new products arrived earlier. Jeongyeon immediately parked her bike at the corner and greeted the older before helping him bring the boxes inside the store and arrange them.

"You can put the boxes of beverages there near the fridge. I'll put them in later before clocking out." Jaebom stated and the younger nodded. Jeongyeon then carried the beverages inside and placed them near the fridge, just like his superior told her to do. After they put the things inside, Jeongyeon changed into her uniform and helped Jaebom putting the newly-delivered products into its corresponding places.

Few minutes passed when Nayeon arrived. She smiled and greeted the two before changing into her uniform, then proceed in helping the others. When Jaebom's done placing the drinks inside the fridge, he bid goodbye to the two younger girls and leave the place. Jeongyeon is in charge at the counter, while Nayeon is now placing steam buns, dumplings and hotdog sandwiches inside the steamer.

"Hey, let me do it. It seems that you're a bit tired." Jeongyeon said, concerned on the girl. She stand and approached Nayeon then take the pack of buns on her hand.

"N-no it's fine, I'm completely fine." Nayeon assured.

"But your face says it all. Look at you, you're paler than usual." The older look at her reflection on her phone and Jeongyeon's right, she's so pale compare on her normal complexion. She thought that maybe because she has her period and that might affect her appearance.

"Hey It's fine, really. I came here to work so please let me do what I really need to do. I'll tell you when I need help, thanks for the concern." Nayeon smiled and steal the buns back and placed them inside the steamer. Jeongyeon just shrugged and went back on the counter.

~timeskip~

"Hey are you sure that you're home?"

Jihyo asked on the other line, as she was grabbing a bowl in the cabinet and pour cereals inside.

"A-ah, Y-yes. I'm at my room, don't worry."

Nayeon replied nervously, as she was not prepared to be asked by that. Her friends doesn't know that she's also working part-time at her cousin's store.

"Then why can't I hear Kookeu barking?"

"He's asleep. For heaven's sake Jihyo, I'm telling you that I am completely fine."

Nayeon lied for the second time while biting her nails. She's silently praying that Jihyo would buy her lies and just let her go.