ʚ ch. 3: the obnoxious dinner ɞ

𝐋𝐄𝐓'𝐒 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - OneRepublic

2:18 ━━━━━━━━━━♡━━━ 2:55

| II |

"They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight"

                The stage transfers Eun-kyung outside of school, near the entrance as if she is meant to wait for something or someone to arrive. The students coming from either in or out continue to avoid her gaze or keep at least a meter away from her as if there were a plague. She sighs and taps her feet repeatedly, a habit that her character has when she is very impatient or annoyed. Though she is an attention seeker at times, there are moments where she just wants to be alone. She finds it uncomfortable as if they were an itch on her back.

                As she waits, Eun-kyung feels like her character knows something that she does not, which makes her ego quite upset. What is it this time? She whines. As much as Eun-kyung knows some information about herself and her character, she is not fully aware of the events and scenes that will partake in the chapters of the book. She chose not to know anyway because she feels it's better that way since she does not expect anything good from this world and her story. What will a villain have in the end anyway?

                Footsteps seem to approach near her, distracting her thoughts all of a sudden. "Did you really have to call me in front of these people?" A person nags beside her. Eun-kyung scowls at Nam-joo as she drags him away from the swarm of people coming towards them, which surprises Nam-joo. It wasn't even my fault the scene brought me in front of this uncomfortable crowd. The garden is the perfect place for a peaceful conversation and also to favor him. What is this? Why are we here alone, together?! Eun-kyung panics.

                "I won't beat around the bush since neither of us wants to be here anyway. My family is inviting your family for a meal in our house tonight." She says nonchalantly. "I suggest you should not come." Why is she desperate for him not to come?

                 "And why not?"

                 "Why not? Are you seriously asking me that? You know that neither of us want this, so don't be stubborn." What the hell is she talking about?

                 "I'm not you so I can't do that."

                 "You won't. Nam-joo, you are just a lap dog to them. You always nod your head like an obedient fool with having no treats in return. Apparently, your parents won't get their treats too anyway if they keep on giving people fancy flattery and ostentatious parties. Like, what's even the use of being pretentious?" She chuckles. Nam-joo steps forward and shoves Eun-kyung, making her gasp and almost tumble back but she recovers from it standing properly while dusting her shoulder.