Chapter 9

K: I see you are very good with your combat training.

Me: Thanks. Every single day, the last 3 weeks, I've been training with Alex and Clark.

K: With Clark? Why?

I stared at her and she laughed. I didn't have to say anything else. She managed to knock me off my feet and training was done for the day.

Me: How come Alex didn't train me today?

Κ: She said that she wasn't coming to the headquarters today, and she would be out on the field all day. She didn't give me any more details.

I stayed a little longer at the D.E.O. Then Mon-El and I went for a stroll.

M: The last few days, I've been helping with a charity, giving food to those who need it. Would you like to join me tomorrow?

Me: Yes, of course.

After a while, I returned home. The next day, after training I went with Mon-El to the breadline. I saw that they weren't only giving food and water, but they provided them with what they needed. At some point, one of the people who organized this, came to talk to me.

??: Thank you for your help. Mon-El told us that you are from Selin, right?

Me: Yes, I am. My name's Kayla.

??: I am Kieran. It's nice to meet you. Would you like to help us with the shelters?

Me: There are shelters? I thought that the last one got closed a year ago.

Kieran: Some of us created 2 more underground shelters. They are a well-kept secret. We only give out information about it here.

Me: I would really like to help any way I can.

Kieran: Give me your number and I will send you the locations.

After I gave him my contact information, he sent me the locations and after I memorized them, I deleted the messages. I explained to him what I can do with plants and while I was helping a little boy, a grenade landed near us, but instead of exploding, a gas was coming out. It was making everyone dizzy. People were trying to get out of the building, and Agents of Liberty, who were wearing gas masks, were pushing everyone inside. They started shooting and hitting the aliens.

I was trying to protect the child from the gases and, at the same time, I was trying to find Mon-El. Someone tried to grab the child, and I was trying to deal with him. When I managed to fend him off, I heard a loud noise and someone pushed us to the floor. I saw Mon-El bleeding and crawled towards him. I put pressure to his wound and tried to wake him up. Then, Supergirl, Dreamer and Brainy arrived. Brainy and Nia were taking care of the agents and Kara was helping everyone get out. Some of the agents were trying to abduct some aliens, but Nia stopped them and put them to sleep. When the battle was over, they transported the wounded and the captives at the D.E.O. I followed Mon-El. When I went in the infirmary, I found Lena there.

Me: Where is Alex?

L: She hasn't come back from her mission yet. It's up to us to help him.

Lena was giving me directions and I was following her every word without losing my cool. At some point she told me to stop and I stopped.

Me: Is he going to be okay?

L: His blood pressure is extremely low, but I don't know why.

After doing some blood work, it turned out that the bullets were dipped in poison. Lena couldn't understand exactly what it was, so we asked Brainy's consultation.

B: According to the statistics, it's possible to be one of three different poisons. The remedy to each one acts in a different way. And in a negative one if it isn't the correct one.

Me: So, if you give him the wrong antidote, what will happen?

B: It will either speed up the symptoms, or kill him instantly.

L: So then, what can we do?

B: We have to find out exactly which poison it is and find a way to slow down the progression of the symptoms.

Me: Maybe I can help with that. But will that affect the antidote that helped him stay on earth?

B: There's no way of knowing that.

L: We have to be optimistic though.

I worked for a long time and finally managed to slow down his symptoms. I was staying with him and Hank was interrogating the agents. The only thing he managed to find out about the poison was that only the person in charge knew exactly what it was. Also, he found out that they were going to raid one of the shelters.

We made a plan, in which one of us would go to each shelter. We were going to let the agents of Liberty capture us, in order to find the leader, and learn about the poison. Then there would be a rescue mission for all the aliens that were captured.

Hank: Who will go?

C & K & Me: Me.

C: Absolutely not.

Me: It's not up to you.

Then Alex came back.

A: Lex is back. I've been following his trail and everything leads to the conclusion that he's back.

W: And that's what we were missing...

L: He is definitely up to something, that's why he's back.

Me: So, it's decided. Clark and Kara must find Lex.

L: I'll help you. You need a shield against kryptonite.

N: Then, Isabelle you'll go to one of the shelters and I'll go to the other.

We got ready, Winn embedded a second tracking device in our clothes and I went to the shelter. For a little while, nothing was happening, until the signal was lost and I couldn't communicate with the others. Let's hope that the tracking device still works. Then, just like the first time, they gassed us and a few minutes later I started getting dizzy. I felt a strong pain on the back of my head and everything turned black.