CH 8

Tanaka and you were sitting on the couch talking with everyone. No one was talking about Toman which put your mind at ease a little. That is until Mitsuya came up and tapped you on the shoulder. "Hey N/n. I know we promised no work talk but I have something important to talk to you about." You nodded your head slightly, hoping that your boyfriend was too invested in his conversation with Mikey and Baji to pay attention.

"On Tuesday I need you to go to the abandoned warehouse. Pah and Peh are going to be there, I don't really know how things will go down but I need you there just in case." You hummed in response. "I'll be there, and I'll try to make sure things go smoothly." Mitsuya nodded in thanks. "You're going to the festival on August 3rd too right?" Tanaka's ears perked at the date.

"Yeah Y/n and I are going!" Your eyes widened, "Wait Ryu, when did we decide that you were coming with us?" He laughed. "I'm not surprised that you don't remember. You were half asleep when I asked to go with you and you said sure." You looked to Mitsuya for a way to get out of this situation but he just shrugged. If Tanaka got hurt in any way you wouldn't be able to live with yourself.

Since Tanaka was coming you would need to come up with a plan to keep him safe. But there were only a few people you could trust with something like that. You kissed Tanaka's cheek and told him you would be right back. When you got up you grabbed two of the boys by their collars and dragged them to the kitchen with you.

"This may sound odd but I need a favor from the two of you." The black haired boy smirked while the blonde smiled softly at you. "Sure thing N/n." You sighed gently, "On the third I need the two of you to help me look after Ryu. I don't want him getting hurt." They both tilted their heads to the side in confusion. "Can he not fend for himself or something?" You shook your head. "Ryu's strong, don't get me wrong. But he isn't a delinquent, he doesn't get into fights like this."

The two boys nodded at you. You said your thanks and went back to the living room grabbing your boyfriend's hand and pulling him off the couch. It was getting late and you wanted to sleep. Once you got to your room you pushed Tanaka onto your bed and laid right on top of him.

Tanaka wrapped his arms around you and kissed your head gently. He looked at your nightstand and saw a picture of you and an older boy with black hair. You were smiling brightly while the boy had his hand on your head and a small smile on his face.

"Hey N/n?" You hummed in response. "Who's this?" Looking over you saw the picture of you and the person you missed the most. "That's me and Shinichiro on my 15th birthday. He was Mikey's older brother." Tanaka looked down at you and saw the sadness in your eyes despite the small smile that graced your lips.

Everything in your life seemed to have happened so fast, one day you were with Shinichiro helping at his shop. Then he was gone forever, it was a hard pill to swallow. The life you lived with Mikey and Toman was dangerous. The friends you had were dangerous. What happened to Shinichiro could happen to you at any time. It was just a matter of time until you died at the hands of another at this rate. But what would happen to Tanaka if one day you were just gone?

"Ryu?" He looked down into your e/c eyes telling you that he was listening. "If I die, I have a request." Tanaka's eyes widened a little. "Where is this coming from? You're not dying of some illness right?" There was panic laced in his voice. You chuckled lightly. "No. But listen, if I die I want you to move on and be happy. Don't hold on to me. Please." Your boyfriend nodded his head. "That won't be easy but I'll try. If it's what you really want me to do."

A small wave of relief washed over you. If you were to ever die in this lifestyle you didn't want to drag Tanaka down with you. He had so much going for him and you would never want to change that. After a bit of silence you closed your eyes, drifting into a comfortable sleep in Tanaka's arms.