Ch 16

A few days had passed and the fighting between Mikey and Draken hadn't stopped. But what hurt you the most was that the festival was tomorrow, and you haven't heard from Tanaka since you dropped him off on Wednesday. You frowned at the thought, all of your calls and texts seemed to be ignored. Maybe he just needed some time to himself, or maybe he was reconsidering being with you. Whatever it was didn't sit right.

Deciding that you needed to get out of the house for a bit, you went and knocked on Mikey's door. When he opened it he had the same blank look on his face that you had. "I heard Takemichi got out of the hospital. Want to go and visit him?" Mikey nodded his head and started walking out the front door.

Takemichi's house wasn't too far away, so the two of you decided to walk there instead of bringing your bikes. The walk was silent, both too deep in thought to want to start a conversation. As soon as you arrived Mikey stopped dead in his tracks, making you bump into him. Looking up you saw Draken glaring down at Mikey and a scared Takemichi behind him. You just watched as the two boys started arguing with each other, not wanting to get yourself involved in their mess.

You sat on the ground with your head in your hand, watching the two of them throw insults back and forth. But then Draken and Mikey started throwing things at each other.There was no way you were going to let yourself get hit in the head with another stray object. "Yeah fuck this, I'm out of here." You started to walk away until Takamichi called out to you. "Y/n! You aren't even going to try and stop them from destroying all my memories." Looking back all you could see was Takemichi crying his eyes out.

"Look kid, I don't think I can stop them and I'd like to keep whatever brain cells that I have left. If anyone can stop them it's you. They seem pretty fond of you, and I have somewhere to go. Good luck!" The boy had stars in his eyes, he looked excited that someone actually believed in him. With that you finally walked away with an expressionless face.

As you peacefully walked the streets of Tokyo your mind began to wander back to Tanaka. Was he doing okay? Would he still go with you to the festival tomorrow? Does he even want to be with me still? You had only gotten 2 hours of sleep since Tuesday night. The bags under your eyes proved that.

Your thoughts were disrupted by someone calling out to you. "Hey! What's a pretty lady like you doing wandering around alone?" The man was tall and had piercing gold eyes. You scoffed and kept walking, not paying him any mind. But a slim tattooed hand caught your wrist. "What do you want?" You didn't even turn around when speaking. "Aww come on babe, don't be like that. I just want to get to know you better. The names Hanma by the way."

Keeping a stoic face you removed his hand from your wrist. "And I'm not interested. Have a nice day." You began to walk away when Hanma called out to you again. "I'll see you around then Y/n." You froze in place. How did he know your name? You had never given it to him.

Finally you started walking again. This time at a much quicker pace, your breathing was labored and heavy. When you arrived back at your house there was a car sitting out front. When you saw who was standing next to it you stopped walking and felt like you couldn't breathe.

~~This morning in Miyagi~~

"So you're telling me that you haven't spoken to her since Wednesday morning?" Tanaka nodded his head. "I just need some time to think things over sis." Saeko smacked the back of her brother's head. "Ow! What the hell was that for?" The boy sighed before looking into his sister's eyes. "Ryu do you love Y/n?"

Without hesitation the bald headed boy nodded his head. "Of course I do. There isn't any question about that." Saeko smacked his head again. "Then what's there to think about huh? Yeah, Y/n didn't tell you about some stuff. But she did it for a reason and that was to protect the both of you."

Saeko paused briefly before continuing. "Don't listen to what anyone else is telling you about your relationship. Y/n won't drag you into their mess, and if you do get caught in something she'd protect you. That's just who she is. But right now she's probably questioning everything and going crazy thinking you're going to leave her." The boy's eyes widened. He didn't even think about that. Tanaka knew he wasn't the brightest but he never believed he could be this dumb.

"Saeko I need to borrow the car and I won't be back until Sunday." With that Tanaka rushed out of the house. On a mission to see the person he cared about the most.