3: housekeeping

"Dude, it's too deep" JJ tries to warn John B but he was already pulling at the boat's anchor.

"That's what she said" I whisper under my breath making Pope snicker. 

"Oh, for the week and feeble, JJ" John B shakes his head with a determined look. 

"Well, I'm not resuscitating you. I'm just making that clear upfront" JJ stares at his best friend.

"Don't worry I'll resuscitate you, Johnny boy" I say playfully patting his shoulder. 

"I'm glad at least someone here cares about my life" he laughs patting me on the head. 

"John B," Kie says seriously as he looks up to the boy holding the anchor, 

"What?" he responds meeting her eyes.

"Diver down, fool" Pope salutes the boy.

"Diver down" he repeats his action.

"Yeah, he is," JJ says before pushing John B down into the water with the anchor still in his hold.

Whilist JJ's standing at the edge of the boat I take this opportunity and push his back into the water catching him off guard. 

I erupt with laughter as Kie and Pope both let out snickers. JJ swims up to the surface groaning loudly in pain. "Fuck my ankle!" he yells trying to swim above the surface. "God it kills!"

"Not falling for it" I roll my eyes with a sly smile.

"JJ are you okay?!" Kie rushes to the side of the boat.

"I think it's twisted or something, I landed on it weirdly" JJ yells back trying his hardest to swim towards the boat.

"Shit" I draw out "I feel bad now" I turn to Pope with an unsure expression. I rub the back of my neck standing awkwardly over the edge of the boat. 

"Just please help me out" he huffs, "it's the least you can do" he glares at me and that doesn't help my unease.

Feeling bad for him I reach my hand out to JJ who grabs hold and pulls my body into the water causing everyone to laugh, except me of course. 

"I hate you" I complain after breaking the surface. I swim over to him shoving him but he barely moves an inch.

"I hate you more" JJ smirks grabbing my waist and holding us both up. 

Indy and JJ's eyes move to the boat hearing Pope's voice, "should we go get him?"

But just as Pope asks the question John B's head pops up from the water. He takes a second to cough and catch his breath but I was grateful he was alive. 

"Oh, my god. That took forever!" Kie says leaning over the boat staring at us. 

"Any dead bodies?" Pope yells out.

"Looting potential?" JJ adds and I nudge him in the ribs.

"No. No. I found this motel key" John B lifts a key up from the water showing us. 

"A key?" I question furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yes, a key, Indy" John B snickers.

"Great! we salvaged a motel key" JJ says sarcastically as we swim back to the boat. 

"Guys, we should report the wreck to the coast guard," Kie says once all of us who were previously in the water had pulled ourselves on the boat.

"Maybe we'll get a finder's fee" I add my two cents in.