5: so whipped

Back at the Chateau, we're all comfortably sitting on the front porch, JJ's arm is resting on the back of the couch slightly touching my shoulder, beside me is Pope whilst Kie and John B are standing up facing us. 

"Okay. So um, we didn't see anything" John B ends the comfortable silence we'd been sitting in since being told the stray boat we found in the marsh belonged to Scooter Grubbs a local man, the same man whose body was pulled from the water a few hours before. 

"We don't know anything" JJ nodsalong. "We need to have total and complete amnesia" Pope states agreeing with the boys.

"Actually, Pope's right for once, see I agree with you sometimes" JJ smiles at the body sitting beside me. "Deny, deny, deny" he grins as I shake my head at the phrase he loved to use time and time again.

"Guys, we can't keep that money" Kie adds staring straight at John B.

"Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara" JJ exclaims causing me to lightly punch his stomach, "Don't be a dick J" to which he shut up. 

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs otherwise, it's bad karma" Kiara explains her point of view as I subconsciously snuggle up to JJ's body suddenly overtaken with fatigue. 

"It's bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too" I laugh at Pope's statement. "We gotta go dark" he adds.

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree" I hear JJ's voice rumble as my head is laid on his chest.

"John B, Indy what are you thinking?" Kie asks trying to gain a new perspective.

"I don't care I wanna sleep" I lightly mumble against JJ's chest.

"We shouldn't keep the money" John B voices after staying quiet for mostly the entirety of the conversation.

"What? Why?" JJ questions.

"Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole"

"Shit, one time I saw the dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas"

"We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin" John B explains desperately.

"All right, so think about it. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?"

"Prostitution," I snicker making JJ laugh.

"Square groupers, bro" John B answers more seriously.

"I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck" 

"Hell yeah!" JJ whoops.

"All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck" JJ muses to the group

"Until then, we just lay low. Just act normal" John B explains with a cheeky grin as I feel my eyelids grow heavy. 

"Right. And how exactly do we do that?".

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

I woke up in a pitch-black room a couple of hours later confused about how I was comfortably laying down on the couch. I shrug it off and stand up from the pull-out couch wondering what time it was. I glance around to find I'm home alone as the sun was about to go down.