7: act frickin normal

"This is empty. You took empty tanks? I...." Kie voices as she sits towards the front of the boat with John B right next to her, a disappointed look present on his face.

"This one's a quarter full. It's enough for one of us" she adds looking at the group.

Pope's sitting on the captain's seat with his feet on the ledge as my head is on JJ's lap while he plays with her hair.

"Love it when a plan comes together" Pope snickers looking annoyed fixing his baseball cap.

"Does anyone know how to dive?" Kie asks the group curiously.

But recieves a bunch of 'no's' from her best friends.

"It's kind of a Kook sport," JJ says whilst pulling his black sunglasses onto the tip of his nose. Kie just scoffs at his comment.

"So much help, thanks JJ" she sneers at the boy who just shrugs his shoulders.

"I....read about" Pope admits sheepishly.

"Great, Pope read about it," Kie says dripping with sarcasm.

"So, someone's gonna die," I say sitting up from JJ's lap and sitting up next to him with our thighs touching.

"Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ muses as he stands up from the back of the boat and moves beside Pope leaning against the pole. 

"If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends," Pope says very matter-of-factly to JJ's confused face.

"Bends like, bend over and...." JJ arches his back and sticks out his ass still holding the pole. I laugh at the sight of the boy. 

"The bends will kill you" Pope deadpans and immediately JJ straightens his back with an embarrassed look on his face causing me to giggle more.

"I could dive" I change the topic figuring that someone needs to go down and I may as well do it, what have I got to lose?

"Like hell, you will" JJ snickers shooting down the idea immediately. I narrow my eyes at the boy to ask what his problem is.

"Why not" I huff.

"I can...I can dive" John B says standing up and moving towards the scuba gear.

"You can dive. I'm cool with that" JJ instantly agrees with his best friend.

Kie shakes her head doubting the boy's idea. "Since when can you dive?"

"I'll do it. It's fine" John B tries to ease Kie's nerves. JJ makes his way over to me and throws his arms around my shoulders from behind bear essentially bear hugging me. I start playing with his fingers, running my fingers over his many rings whilst Kie and Pope run through calculations with John B.

"That boat's about 30 feet down. Okay?" Pope pulls out a random piece of paper and writes calculations down  "So it'll take 25 minutes at that depth."

"Twenty-five" John B nods along trying to keep up.

"Which means you need to make your safety stop at about...ten feet"

"All right? for two minutes" Pope adds.

"Yeah, yeah. Ten feet, two minutes. Got it" John B nods again feeling more confident.

Kie throws off her top and jumps in the water without a word. I unwrapped JJ's arms from my body and I remove my shorts as I'm only wearing my bikini and shorts. 

I feel JJ's eye rake my body up and down but don't pay him any attention as I dive into the water after Kie knowing what she's planning on doing.

I dive into the water and after a few seconds I break to the surface feeling refreshed.