Chapter 36: Broken

WARNING! Inappropriate scenes and inappropriate words.

Walter

I've been over working myself out. I think I should focus on my studies and working for now, tama si Angelica we need space and time. I need to fix myself, our company, and I know that Angelica needs to focus on herself, her studies, and her responsibilities at school. She couldn't even look at me because of what I did to Felix. After work I'm just here at the penthouse drinking. This is what I do everytime I come home, I drown myself in alcohol so that I'll be able to forget the pain temporarily.

I'm at the terrace sitting down while looking at the stars and the city lights. I'm not alone nandito pa din ang dalawang pinsan ni Angelica, but most of time they avoid me, and they come home really late too, habang si Leandro naman ay palaging na sa labas, and my brother he chose to stay with our mother. I couldn't take care of him since I'm always busy. Eversince Angelica left everything has been different, palagi akong mag-isa. I guess being alone is my consequence. Naputol ang aking pag tingin sa mga bituin when my phone rang. I thought it was Angelica, but it was my mom.

"Hello Mom?"

She was crying and I was instantly alarmed

"Ma, what's the problem?"

(A-Anak ang g-grandpa mo)

"w-what happened to grandpa?"

She sobbed (A-Anak wala na ang granpa mo, h-he died while s-sleeping)

When I heard those words coming from my mother, my world fell apart.

"Nasaan kayo ma?"

(Nandito kami sa PGH a-anak)

"Okay I'm coming ma"

I ended the call immediately, I was still wearing my suit for work kaya agad na akong pumunta sa PGH. Lord I don't know what to do anymore.

PGH

When Walter arrived at the Philippine General Hospital agad syang pumunta sa kanayang nanay at kapatid. Walter cried like a child in the arms of his mother. Umabot ang ilang minuto ay dumating na din ang kanyang ama kasama ang kabit nito.

We all sat in silence hindi ko na alam kung ano ang gagawin ko ngayon lalo na't wala na si grandpa. My phone rang it was the office.

"Hello sir you have to sign some important things at the office" my secretary Arthur said. I already fired Ms. Lactatao kaya bago na ang secretary ko and I make sure na lalaki na ang pipiliin ko.

"I'll be there right away Arthur" I ended the call and faced my mother.

"I'm needed at the office. I'll be back right away and deal with grandpa's-

"hindi ako na. I'll take care of your grandpa's funeral"

I scoffed at what he said "wag na I'm sure you're busy with your other family, I can deal with grandpa's funeral alone"
I turned my back on him and left. The moment I signed the papers I needed to sign agad na akong bumalik sa hospital. I heard that my mom was at the morgue kaya agad akong pumunta doon. I took care of my grandfathers funeral on my own. Why would I wait for my father, he's busy with his new family and I'm sure ngayon na wala na sina grandma at grandpa he can do anything he wants, and he can make my mom sign the annulment and marry his mistress.

When I was done signing paperworks for grandpa's funeral, I sat beside my brother "How are you?"

"Fine" matamlay ang kapatid ko, I know he's also affected sa pagkamatay ni grandpa.

"Everything's going to be fine" I hugged him

"No it's not mama and p-papa will be legally separated soon, so now we really don't have a father." nagulat si Walter sa sinabui ng kanyang kapatid his brother is only 11 yet he understands things an 11 year old like him doesn't really understand.