New Life

*5 years after the robbery case

“Jihyo, please take care of the harassment case at the bar. Regarding the recent suicide case, let Daniel take care of it." Said the police chief.

“Ne, hwejang-nim." Nod Daniel.

“Hwejang-nim, the investigative team hasn't even issued a statement that it was a suicide." Jihyo denied.

“Body found with neck hanging, does it look like murder to you, Jihyo detective?" Ask Daniel.

“But hwejang-nim, shouldn't we have an autopsy first? Isn't the recent case of suicides repeated? All of the victims are even from government agencies. Don't you think that's suspicious?" Jihyo asked again.

“The victim's family doesn't agree to an autopsy, we have to respect their decision. What's wrong with you Jihyo? Besides, this isn't your case, you don't have to bother with other teams' cases right? Everyone knows the current government is a mess." said Daniel.

“Never mind Daniel, maybe detective Park Jihyo hasn't been able to move on from the case 5 years ago. That's it, that's all. Please go back to work." The police chief let the two of them out.

After bowing, the two exited and left the police chief's room.

“Still haunted by guilt huh?" Daniel's question made Jihyo turn around.

“Shut up Daniel." Jihyo replied.

“Many new cases for you to handle. You can't focus on that. After all, no one blames you for releasing prisoners, hahaha. They're only one level smarter than you." Daniel's pout.

“Daniel, aren't you tired? You keep talking to yourself like my grandmother." Jihyo said then went walking first.

“Tch." Upset Daniel.

“I know where you are going. Back to persuading the victim's family to do an autopsy, right? It's useless, the bodies of the victims will be cremated this afternoon!" said Daniel.

“Fuck!" Jihyo immediately ran to get her bag on her desk.

“Sunbaenim, where are you going?" Tzuyu asked.

“Come on follow me!" Jihyo said as she ran out to her car.

*

*

*

In another place....

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is the moment we've been waiting for. The final offer for this handsome 1961-born. This is our king today at Mask Auction. The Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder. Only a handful of units have been built that make it a collector's item from time to time. time. Lucky for us to have the opportunity to auction it off to ladies and gentlemen. We got it from the prince of Saudi Arabia, Al-Whaleed bin Saud Al-Khalid who happened to be 'cleaning' his garage. This car was sold to us for $12.5 million. So we will open an auction at 13 million dollars." Said the emcee while tapping the wooden hammer, signaling the start of the auction.

“13.5 million." Offer someone.

“Number 14, Mrs. White bid 13.5 million."

“14.5." Say someone else.

“14.5 by number 9, Mr. Grey."

“16." Say someone else.

“16 million by number 6, lord Vamps."

“16 million 1 times..." The host started counting.

“16 million 2 times...”

"20 million." Said someone from the back seat that made everyone startled and turned to look at him.