one

now playing

now playing..

"Carry Us Home"
-Weathers

Freaks go out, gonna drown our fears
Brains go numb, bodies get so weird
We fight so hard for new vibration
Oh-oh-oh they'll have to carry us home

September 24th, 1983
10:34pm

"Fuck!"

The cringe-inducing sound of barbed wire ripping the blue fabric of my jeans filled my ears, a small swear slipping under my heavy breath.

My now exposed ankle froze in an instant, a sudden wave of cold coursing throughout my body. The cold air entering my lungs is sharp and piercing as I ran, my body temperature steadily dropping as the rip in my jeans only got bigger.

The faint sound of voices and slightly being able to see the light of flashlights is enough to make me run faster, my feet nearly tripping over each other.

I've been in this situation before.

Though I could never seem to get used to it.

"Is Chris dead?"

"Yeah, he's dead."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I bashed his fucking skull in, of course he's dead."

   Chilly breaths left my body as I stood at the payphone, the dim light just barely lighting my surroundings. 

     "Alright. Good. Where was he?"

"Some frat party."

"Damn, he seemed the type to be a party guy. Anyhoo, meet me at Fredbear's for your pay."

  "Fredbear's? Like the children's place? Why the fuck would you want to meet there?" I scoffed, looking down as I kicked a nearby rock.

      "Look, we want to seem as non-sketchy as possible, alright? I'll bring my fucking niece if I have to. Don't question this shit. I'm the man in this business, and you're the person that does all the dirty work, capiche?"

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Yeah, yeah whatever, Bryan, whatever."

   I slammed the pay phone back into it's slot before turning around, a person coming into my field of vision. His lanky appearance made him seem to be a few years younger than I am.

   "How much of that did you hear?" I questioned.

His eyes met mine, his hands stuffed into his pockets. "Enough."

   I raised an eyebrow.

"As long as you don't go snitching, me 'n you will be a-okay." My eyes followed him as he stepped forwards.

    "Well, I was originally going to ask if you were a cig dealer, since I was supposed to be meeting someone here, but I guess he dipped." The guy shrugged.

   "Nah, I'm alright in my own shit. However, I'm willing to make a deal." I crossed my arms, a chilly wind breezing past us.

  "Alright. Go on." He eyed me.

"I'll give you this entire pack for nothin' if you keep your mouth shut about what you heard."

  "Deal." He smiled, his brunette hair swaying in the cool, autumn breeze.

      I handed him the pack of cigarettes from my pocket, to which he shoved into his own before holding his hand out. "Pleasure doing business with you."

  I smiled before taking it and giving it a firm shake.

"What's your name, by the way?"

"Y/n. Yours?"

"Michael. Michael Afton."