seven

now playing

now playing

"Way Down We Go"
-Kaleo

You let your feet run wild
Time has come as we all, oh, go down
Yeah but for the fall, ooh, my
Do you dare to look him right in the eyes?

September 26th, 1983
5:45am

    The light smell of lavender and ash, the undertones a mix of sweet and bitter of the contradicting scents.

    The small, purple candle glowed, the wick burning slightly—the light a yellow-ish orange hue.

    It took a hot minute for the fact of 'this isn't my house' to set into my mind. I sat up, a blanket wrapped around my lower torso— couch underneath me.

    "Do you blame yourself?"

   My head snapped in the direction I could very clearly hear a voice coming from, despite said voice seeming as if it was coming from every direction.

No.

No no no no no no.

This isn't real.

"..What.?"

"Well it's quite common in this situation for a patient to feel a kind of.. guilt."

My lip quivered, my mind not registering what's in front of me. "..What situation?"

He seemed to quietly chuckle to himself.

"The accident."

    The mere sound of light footsteps threw me out of my haze, a woman appearing in my field of vision. My gaze connected with Lora's, her eyes tired as per usual.

   "If you have anyone to call, I would recommend doing so before William wakes up" Lora said quietly, carrying a stack of laundry in her hands.

He disappeared as quickly as he appeared.

    I got off the couch, my feet settling onto the wooden floors. I made my way over to the phone that settled on the wall in the kitchen.

  I dialed the number, settling the phone onto my shoulder as I waited for my housemate to pick up.

     "Where the hell are you?"

  I sighed in response. "Look- Nicole I'm sorry, I got lost in time, I'm fine and safe."

  "Well, where are you at, right now?" Her voice less irritated as before.

      "I'm.. I'm at my boss' house."

            "Oh Jesus Christ, Y/n!"

  "It's not like that! He's married with kids!" I said quickly, covering for myself. "They invited me for dinner."

   "Yeah alright. Just get home when you can. I'm working on a new case so I might not be able to help you out very much."

  "A new case?" I asked. "Thought you were working on the drug deal case from downtown?"

  "Yeah we cracked that one. Got a new one of a.." she paused for a moment— the sound of papers flipping slightly coming through the line.

   "Murder at a frat party. Eighteen year-old Christopher J. Keller." She scoffs. "Poor kid got curb stomped, his jaw looked gnarly." Her light chuckle only disturbed me even further.

"Y/n? You still there, buddy?"

"Yeah- yeah I'm here. I'll let you go. Be home soon." I hung up the phone, slowly placing it back on the wall.

A feeling of dread ran through my body.

I've been doing this for three years and have never gotten caught but I have a feeling that this time.

This time I won't be so lucky.

    I fixed my uniform hat, the keys on my belt jingling slightly at the movement of my arms. I noticed Henry walking through the back hallways.

  "Morning." I greeted. His smile met mine as he passed by, nodding his head a small bit. He's always a rather bright man.

      "Actually.. could you follow me for a moment?" He asked, turning around for a second. "Oh, uh yeah."

     I turned around on my heels and began to follow the taller man. He pushed open the door to the backstage room before flickering on the lights.

  "Ohh, that's creepy." I winced, looking at the animatronic heads that sat sporadically on the table. Henry sighed. "I'm gonna beat Will.. he left such a mess."

  I chuckled. "For a very organized looking man, he appears to be a rather messy guy." Henry scoffed. "You wouldn't believe it."

     "Anyways, what'd you need me for?" I asked. Henry gave me a slightly apologetic look.

  "I need you to wear a springlock suit."

Credit to nicholaspodany on tiktok for the reference.