five

now playing

now playing..

'Very Good Bad Thing'
-Mother Mother

❝I am in pain to see this go
But we were putting a hole in our hearts,
With a poison arrow
It was deranged the way we'd roll❞

September 25th, 1983
5:50pm

The Afton Household is definitely a nice one, the savory scent of freshly cooked steak filling the house.

"Lora, we're having a guest for dinner". William placed his coat on the coatrack next to the door before walking over to the kitchen. He whispered something to presumably his wife, her sighing in response.

"Yes, I heard you the first time." The older woman's voice had a slither of annoyance in it, directed towards her husband.

William's facial expression swiftly changed to a slight angry-astonished one. Of course, he had a guest over, so it's not like he could do much about it.

Michael stood next to me, taking his own coat off. My heart dropped as I heard a small 'thud' of an object falling to the hardwood floors from Michael's coat pocket.

My eyes glanced down to the floor, the cigarette box I had given to Michael only some time ago sitting still.

Will's gaze went from me and Michael to the small box on the floor in front of us. Before he could say anything, I spoke up first. "I'm terribly sorry, they're mine." I picked the box up and placed in it in my own pocket, covering for Michael.

Will nodded before speaking up, rolling his dress shirt sleeves up. "Just don't smoke in the house."

"Of course." I smiled, elbowing Michael when Will left our field of vision. "You're welcome."

"Yeah, yeah.. thanks." Michael seemed embarrassed once again, before walking towards the staircase.

I stood next to the kitchen opening, unsure of what to do. Will's gaze landed on mine. "Oh, my apologies, dear. Take a seat."

Pulling up a chair and taking a seat, I felt William's gaze still on me.

"So, what did you do before applying for Fredbear's?" He questioned, his hands resting on the clothed table.

"Oh, I, er.." I stuttered. "I kinda just skipped around places, y'know?" I lied through my teeth.

I couldn't tell him the truth, of course.

He simply just nodded, his eyes focusing on me, like he's trying to analyze me of some sorts. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, fidgeting with my hands and fingernails as my eyes wandered to everywhere but his.

The clock on the wall ticked, the only other sounds being silverware slightly scratching against plates and glasses being set down.

It's eerily quiet, but then again, everyone's family dinners are different. I picked at my food, not eating very much. My nerves were eating at me, my leg bouncing under the table.

After some time, I finally stood up. "Thank you all so much for having me, but-" My words were soon interrupted. "Oh, no, you can't leave yet! We haven't even taken out the Bourbon and Scotch yet, my dear." Will's gaze directed towards me, his eyes filled with an emotion I can't pinpoint.

"Join us for a little while longer, won't you?"