twelve

now playing

now playing..

"I Don't Wanna Know"
-Weathers

"Strung to your vines
Now I'm free like the ocean tide
Everyday that you're gone
You're getting closer to where you belong"

   Henry's slightly worrisome eyes washed over me as I spun around in his swivel office chair, him previously looking through his filing cabinet for something.

   "And you're sure you're okay?" He questioned, placing a hand on the back of the chair to stop it from spinning.

   "Yes, I'm alright, Henry. It's okay." A smile formed on my face before turning my gaze turned to the creaking of Henry's office door.

   I couldn't see anyone at first, but my attention turned to the bottom half of the door—Joseph standing there.

  "Wrong office, I'm sorr—" he stuttered out before realizing I sat in the swivel chair. I shot him a friendly smile, him shyly waving before walking over to me.

   I picked him up and sat him in my lap in the chair. "How've you been?" A small laugh escaped his lips as I ruffled his already-rather messy hair.

    "I've been okay." The young boy responded, his eyes reaching Henry's. The older man simply chuckled at the child's behavior, a smile lingering on his face.

    "Where's your brother at?" I questioned, referring to Michael. His smile faded at the mention of his older brother.

  "Dad's office." A sudden expression of fear mixed with realization formed on his face just as the office door creaked open.

  "Joseph, I told you to come to my office! What part about that did you not unders—" his words halted as he realized what was going on.

  My expression turned to that of a stern, protective one, Joseph slightly gripping onto my jacket sleeve.

  "I've got him, Will. It's fine." My words reflected how I felt about the Brit, my eyes staring into his mere soul.

   He simply kept his face at a blank expression before leaving the room.

  "Seems like you two have some beef, eh?" Henry attempted to lighten the mood, leaning against the wall.

   I let a snort out, my eyes returning to Joseph, who's eyes were still trained on the office door—his hand still on my sleeve.

     "You could say that."

    The sound of mechanical parts being thrown and torn, the crackling of wires being shredded.

  "I'm getting my fucking cash." I muttered as my gloved hands reached into the suit, pulling parts out like there's no tomorrow—which there might not be if I don't act fast.

    Not only is the money on the line, but so is my life.

"See what happens when you try to wear this suit again motherfucker." A laugh escaped my lips as I continuously ripped parts out, rearranging them.

    My smile never disappeared—violent intentions filling the room to every nook and cranny.

      I jerked my hand back as a springlock jolted forward. I carefully pushed it back, tightening it back up so it isn't noticeable.

    I took the scattered parts around the floor and shoved them in one of the boxes filled with parts, covering my tracks before lifting my gloves off of my hands.

   My hands closed the door, a feeling of pride coursing through me.