Chapter 6

Speed Force

Barry ran until it was dark everywhere. He saw the Blur ran at his childhood home. Barry looked at it sadly and went inside. Inside the house, everything looks like the day before Thawne went back in time. Barry walked into the room where he met SF-Joe in the morning and saw his mother.

"Mom?" Barry asked in disbelief.

"Hi Barry" Nora Allen said softly.

Barry looked sadly at the smiling image of his mother and shook his head.

"You're not my mother. Why are you doing this to me?"

"We're not doing anything to you, sweetheart. You're just so tired. Sit, Barry, sit," SF-Nora said softly, pointing to a chair. Barry walked slowly over to a chair and sat down in front of SF-Nora.

"You're right. I haven't accepted it. Not for a second. I don't think I ever will," Barry said without looking at SF-Nora. SF-Nora put her hand on Barry's arm and spoke.

"My beatiful boy," SF-Nora said softly, getting Barry's attention.

"You have to find a way."

"How?"

"I don't know, but I know this. What you've become it's wonderful, a miracle even, but it won't make bad things stop happening to you. Even the Flash can't outrun the tragedies the universe is gonna keep sending your way. You have to accept that, and then you can truly run free," SF-Nora said, looking Barry in the eye. Barry nodded with tears in his eyes.

"I know. I just miss her. I miss you so much," Barry said. SF-Nora knelt in front of him.

"What if I told you that she's proud of you and of the man that you've become," SF-Nora said with a smile.

"Who's telling me that? The Speed Force or my mother?" Barry asked.

"Both," SF-Nora said and put her hand on Barry's cheek, washing away the tears. Barry lowered his head and SF-Nora stood up and kissed his forehead.

Star Labs

When Cisco stopped vibing, he saw Harry approaching him.

"I saw him and called him. He looked at me, then shook his head and turned away. I don't understand," Cisco said, removing the device from his head. Harry thought for a second and spoke.

"Maybe he's not ready to come back for some reason," Harry said and exchanged a glance with Cisco.

"Maybe he didn't get his powers back to return," Cisco said, to which Harry nodded. 

Speed Force

Barry and SF-Nora were sitting on the couch.

"Do you remember this book? This was always your favourite," SF-Nora said, smiling and showing the book to Barry.

"Once this little dinosaur called a Maiasaura, who lived with his mother. One day he told his mother, I wish I was special, like the other dinosaurs, if I were T-Rex, like a chomp with my ferocious teeth," SF-Nora read a book aloud.

"But if you were a T-Rex, said his mother, how would you hug me with your tiny little arms?" Barry said, to which SF-Nora smiled.

"I wish I were an Apatosaurus, said the little dinosaur, so with my long neck I could see high above the treetops. But if you were an Apatosaurus, said his mother, how would you hear me in the treetops when I told you, I love you?" Barry said, looking and SF-Nora, while SF-Nora flipped through the pages in the book.

"What makes you so special, little Maiasaura said its mother, isn't your ferocious teeth or long neck or pointy beak," Barry said as SF-Nora looked at him.

"What makes you so special is out of all of the different dinosaurs in the big, wide world, you have the mother who're just right for you,"

"And will always love you," Barry and SF-Nora finished together.

"You're ready," SF-Nora nodded. Barry nodded, stood up, closed his eyes and held out his hand in front of him. Opening his eyes, he saw himself in the Flash suit. They merged into one, and Barry looked at SF-Nora.

"Run, Barry, Run," SF-Nora said, and Barry ran at super speed, in a matter of seconds he ran through the Speed ​​Force portal.

Star Labs

Barry ran out of the portal into the room with the treadmill. When he ran to the cortex, he saw that Joe was talking to someone on the phone, Cisco looked over everything that Barry wrote on the glass boards, while the others were in the med-bay. The moment people heard the crack of lightning, everyone rushed to its sound.

"Barry!" Cisco exclaimed at that moment when he saw his friend, and ran to hug him. Iris then ran to hug him and Joe, who ended the call. After that, Henry went to Barry and hugged him for a long time. As they pulled away, he noticed Harry sitting next to a hospital bed in the med-bay. Barry went to the med-bay and saw that Jesse and Wally were unconscious.

"They were hit by dark matter. I looked through all the records that Dr. Snow kept about you and your coma. But I haven't practiced in years, and this dark matter is very new to me. I'm afraid the only thing we can do is wait," Henry said following Barry.

"You should rest. You don't need to be here," Harry said when he spotted Barry.

"I have an idea how to wake them up," Barry said, standing between Jesse and Wally's beds. Barry concentrated on his connection to the Speed ​​Force and touched Wally and Jesse's hands. When he touched them, a small lightning passed from Barry's hands to Jesse and Wally. A second later, both Wally and Jesse woke up.

"Hi," Jesse said sleepily. Barry smiled at her. Harry smiled broadly and hugged Jesse.

"Barry?" Wally asked sleepily. After a second, Wally's eyes opened and he spoke.

"You're ... You're the Flash?" Wally said, but it sounded like a question.

"Yes, Wally, I'm the Flash. I know you have a lot of questions, but now we need to focus on defeating Zoom," Barry said, to which Wally nodded, still looking shocked.

"How did you do that?" Henry was surprised, but smiled.

"Are you like magick now?" Cisco said, putting his hand to his heart.

"Did you know that was gonna happened?" Iris asked, smiling.

"Yeah. Kinda. It's hard to explain," Barry said, not knowing how to tell them.

"It's the Speed Force," Harry said, smiling.

In a few minutes

Barry, wearing Star Labs pants and a sweatshirt, sat in a hospital bed while his father checked his blood pressure.

"It's been quite a day, huh?" Henry said and removed the blood pressure monitor from Barry's arm.

"Not so much one damn thing after another, as every damn thing all at once."

"It all worked out okay in the end," Barry said, already thinking how to get Caitlin back and defeat Zoom.

"No, you worked it out okay in the end," Henry said, putting the tonometer on the table.

"I never really understood where you were coming from with your 'fate' and 'everything happens for a reason' point of view, but now. I think that maybe I was wrong. Everything that has happened to us, all good and bad, it made us who we are and I don't think that I would change it even if I could. Does that make any sence?" Barry said, looking at his father.

"Perfect sence," Henry said with a smile, and sat down next to Barry.

"And since we're on the subject of changing our minds about important things. You know that part where I told you I was gonna leave Central City so that you could be the Flash without being concerned about me all the time. Well, forget all that. You stuck with me. I'm not going anywhere," Henry said, and he and Barry hugged each other.