Chapter 11

A moment earlier

"Missed me?" Zoom said in his demonic voice and speed off carried Henry with him. Barry immediately ran after Zoom.

"Henry!" Joe and Dr. McGee screamed.

Caitlin was shocked, but quickly recovered and looked around. Caitlin saw Barry's clothes lying on the ground and Barry's empty bag next to the door. Caitlin walked over to Cisco and spoke.

"Where are they Cisco? Barry is in a suit," Caitlin said, and Cisco took his phone and started checking.

"They run around the city. Wait, they stopped. They are in Barry's childhood home," Cisco said, and Caitlin ran to grab the keys and ran outside to her car.

Before Cisco could stop her, she drove off. After 15 minutes, she was next to Barry's childhood home. The moment she got out of the car, she ran into the house. She saw that Barry turned to her, she ran up to him and hugged him.

"Barry! I'm so glad you're okay!" Caitlin said happily and pulled back to check if there were any wounds. Barry smiled at her and took her hands, which were shaking slightly and spoke.

"I'm okay," Barry said softly, looking into her eyes. Caitlin smiled, but then her smile faded.

"What about Zoom?" Caitlin asked with fear in her voice. Barry pulled back a little, allowing Caitlin to see Zoom lying on the ground with metacuffs on his arms and legs. Caitlin noticed that Zoom's arm and leg were bent where they shouldn't.

"I beat him," Barry said, disbelieving his words.

"And broke some of his bones in the process," Barry added.

"Not as much as the bastard deserved," Caitlin said coldly, casting an angry glare at Zoom's body. Then her expression softened and she looked at Barry.

"And your father?" Caitlin asked. At that moment, they heard a groan from the side of the door. They looked over there and saw Henry put his hand on the back of his head. Barry and Caitlin walked over to him and helped Henry to a seat, leaning him against the wall.

"Are you okay, Dr. Allen?" Caitlin asked carringly.

"I'm fine, just hit my head when I hit the wall," Henry said. Caitlin looked at Barry.

"I hit Zoom with a mini version of the supersonic punch, but it was enough to create a shockwave that made us fly in different directions. Sorry, dad," Barry said.

"Barry, it's okay. You saved my life and kicked this bastard's ass. I think we'd better get back to Joe's house," Henry said and tried to get up, but Caitlin stopped him.

"Not so fast, mister, you got hit on the head, I need to examine you first," Caitlin said, stopping Henry by grabbing him by the shoulders.

"I said that I'm ..." Henry said, but Barry interrupted him.

"Don't even try, dad. I know you can be stubborn, but not as stubborn as Cait," Barry said.

"Hey!" Caitlin exclaimed and lightly hit Barry on the arm, giving him a mock hurt look. Barry chuckled. Henry smiled as he saw their interaction, which reminded him of a time when he and his wife had done the same from the very beginning of their relationship.

"But I agree with Caitlin. I would be better off knowing that you are really okay," Barry said. Caitlin smiled at Barry, sending him a non-verbal thank you for supporting her. Barry smiled back. Barry then looked at Zoom's unconscious body and looked at Caitlin.

"Go. We'll be fine," Caitlin said before Barry could ask. Barry smiled at her and took Zoom to Star Labs. 

When Barry ran into the Pipeline, Barry tossed Zoom into an empty cell and closed the glass door. Barry stood for a few seconds, just staring at his defeated enemy, before closing the metal door, and ran into the cortex to change. Barry then ran to his childhood home. When he arrived, he saw Caitlin helping Henry into her car.

"You're back," Caitlin said, closing the door.

"Yeah, let's hit the road," Barry said and was about to open the passenger seat when Caitlin stopped him.

"Could you take us back?" Caitlin asked.

"Yes, but why?" Barry said confused.

"I was driving faster than allowed to get here faster," Caitlin said, biting her lower lip.

"Caitlin is a lawbreaker? Of all people!" Barry said, smiling.

"Don't worry. I'll drive the car and sort it out if there's a problem," Barry said, and they drove to Joe's house. When they arrived, Barry stopped Caitlin and Henry.

"Dad, could you come in and tell everyone what happened, I'd like to have a little talk with Caitlin," Barry told his father and looked at Caitlin, "if you don't mind."

"Sure," Caitlin said.

Henry looked at Barry, raising an eyebrow slightly, and Barry nodded. Henry put his hand on Barry's shoulder in a sign of good luck before entering the house.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Caitlin asked.

"I ... Do you remember when I first lost my powers?" Barry said.

"Yeah. Farooq, a meta with electrical abilities absorbed your powers. Why do you ask?" Caitlin said confused.

"I felt bad when I lost them the first time, but this time it was worse, and it's not because of how I lost them," Barry said.

"Why then?"

"Because you weren't here," Barry said, looking Caitlin in the eye.

"What are you saying?" Caitlin asked, trying to calm her pounding heart.

"Every time you were kidnapped, I felt hopeless. But when Zoom took you, I realized why it was always so awful. Because the greater possibility was right in front of me but i didn't saw it because I choosed not to. I don't know when, but I fell in love with you, but I realized it too late. I love you, Caitlin," Barry said.

"I know I probably just messed things up between us, but I just want you to know," Barry said. Caitlin froze in place. She couldn't believe he felt the same way. There were tears in Caitlin's eyes. Barry lowered his head and closed his eyes. Caitlin stepped closer and took his hands in hers.

"Can you look at me, please?" Caitlin asked softly. When Barry opened his eyes, he saw Caitlin with tears in her eyes and with a wide, warm smile.

"I love you too, Barry," Caitlin said, smiling. Then they leaned over to each other and kissed for the first time. When their kiss ended, they bowed their foreheads to each other and looked into each other's eyes. Barry reached into his back pocket, pulled out a handkerchief and held it out to her. Caitlin chuckled and wiped away her tears.

"Are you sure you're not eighty?" Caitlin asked mockingly. Barry chuckled and shook his head.

"You won't let me forget about it, will you?" Barry asked.

"I will remind you of this for the rest of your life," Caitlin said, smiling.

"'For the rest of my life'? I love the way it sounds," Barry said, smiling.

"Do you think others will be okay with us being together? And what about Iris?" Caitlin asked. Barry squeezed Caitlin's hands and smiled.

"I'm sure they will be fine with us being together. I think some of them already suspect that there is something between us. As for Iris, I moved on from my childhood crush, which, to be honest, turned into an obsession," Barry said.

They just stood in silence, holding hands.

"I think we'd better go inside before they send a search party for us," Barry said.

"Yes. But before we go, do you mind if we keep our relationship a secret for a while?" Caitlin asked.

"Sure. Let's go."

Barry and Caitlin entered Joe's house and continued the celebration, but this time they were not interrupted.