Chapter 7

A few hours after the second particle accelerator explosion

CCPD (Barry's Lab)

Caitlin wakes up sitting in a comfortable chair. She looked down and saw that she was no longer chained to something, and the damaged Flash emblem was in her hand. She looked around and saw Zoom's mask lying on one of the metal shelves. Then Hunter appeared in a trail of blue lightning.

"You're awake," Hunter said with a smile. Caitlin just looked at the Flash logo, thinking of Barry and her friends.

"Cait, please ..." Hunter said, but he was interrupted.

"Do not call me that!" Caitlin said angrily.

"Cait-lin. We've been through this again and we've gotten nowhere. Now I need to know. Are you with me or are you against me?" Hunter said and sat down in front of Caitlin. Caitlin was about to yell at him that she would never be with him in any way, but Hunter spoke up.

"Don't answer that yet," Hunter said and looked at the lab door.

"I'm gonna go out there, spend the moment speaking to my friends. And when I come back, you'll give me your answer. If you still here, I'll know you've chosen to stay with me. But if you're not here, I'll know you've chosen your friends instead. And I will show you exactly as much mercy as I will show them, when we next see each other. So there you have it," Hunter said, looking at Caitlin.

"I need to go," Hunter said and walked over to his mask, donned the mask and speed off to deliver the speech to his army.

"My brothers and sisters, my friends. I brought us to this new world which lay before us, defendless, our to the taking. The humans think that this planet belongs to them. WHOSE WORLD IS THIS?" Zoom said in his demonic voice.

"OURS!" Zoom's army screamed.

Caitlin sat in a chair for a few seconds, looked at the Flash emblem, and with the remaining strength she got up and exited the CCPD through the back door. 

In the same time

Star Labs

"Barry, you need to take a break. Since Caitlin was taken away, you haven't slept, you barely ate, and you just GOT OUT OF THE SPEED FORCE!" Cisco exclaimed, worried about his friend. Barry ignored Cisco and kept thinking of a plan to get Caitlin back and stop Zoom.

"What do you think Caitlin would say about your actions? She'd say you're going to bury yourse...," Cisco said, but was interrupted.

"WELL, SHE'S NOT HERE TO TELL ME THIS, IS SHE?" Barry snapped, looking at Cisco, and lightning flashed in his eyes. Cisco looked at Barry with wide eyes. Barry closed his eyes and sighed.

"Sorry, Cisco," Barry apologized. Cisco stepped closer, put a hand on Barry's shoulder, and spoke.

"It's okay. I understand. I want to bring her back just like you, but in this state you will only hurt yourself," Cisco said gently. Barry sighed and nodded. Barry knew that even if he tried to sleep, he would not be able to sleep, even if he managed to fall asleep, he would wake up with nightmares in which Zoom did horrible things to Caitlin.

"Big Belly Burger and coffee from Jitters?" Barry asked Cisco to which Cisco gave him a glare.

"Cisco, I can't sleep knowing that Zoom could do something to Caitlin, and I didn't do anything to prevent it," Barry said before Cisco started arguing again. Cisco sighed and nodded. Barry grabbed his jacket and walked out of the room at a normal speed, determined to freshen up his head while walking.