02 | Click

Click

I woke up and turned on the lights.

My head was pounding, the room was spinning, my ears were ringing, and the birds were singing.

What I thought happened last night had to be a dream right? But it felt so vivid. I could remember everything that happened.

It still feels as though I can feel the tiger's presence next to me. It's so, mystical... and mythical.

I swore from what I saw last night that it was beaming with this aura, so magical.

No. I didn't see it. It was just what I dreamt of at the time.

I got myself up from the floor, using my hands and pressing my palms onto the cold, creaking wooden flooring. I proceeded to walk down the staircase to the basement to grab my stuff. I grabbed the warm coat I had left on the seat, putting it on and resulting in my long, wavy, and dry hair becoming even more tangled than it already was. 

I walked back up the staircase, panting.

As I finally reached the top of the stairs, I huffed and let out a sigh, "Finally. Jesus Christ, why am I so unfit?"

I walked back to my house as I was sure as hell that my granny was worried about me. You see, I would've texted her then but there was a problem, I couldn't find my phone. It wasn't in my pocket, nor was it in that basement. So where the hell was it? I sure as hell don't know.

As soon as I reached the doorstep of my granny's cottage, I knocked on the door.

"Grandma! I'm home!" I yelled.

No reply.

Knocking the door, "Grandma!!! I'm home!" I yelled once more.

Still no reply.

Well third time's the charm, right?

Once more, I yelled. But this time, making sure that I yelled loud enough. I knocked so hard that I thought my knuckles started to bleed and even the depths of hell might've heard me.

"GRANDMA! I'M HOME!"

I heard some footsteps approaching the door.

"Oh deary me," she spoke with a raspy voice, turning the squeaky door handle "I hope you didn't wait out in the snow too much." 

"Don't worry grandma! I didn't!"

What a lie. I'm freezing. I had to walk back here and wait for another 10 minutes before she heard me.

"Have you eaten yet, my little computer bug?" she said with a smile forming on her face, forming wrinkles and smile lines on the sides of her lips.

Yes, granny calls me that. I know it's weird. She calls me that because of how most granny's call their grandchildren 'lovebug' and she wanted to call me a computer bug because I love computers and computers always have bugs in them. Pretty smart name if I do say so myself.

"I haven't eaten, granny!" I replied, stomach empty.

"Good thing I have some leftover abalone porridge for you!", she said, patting my head, "Come come! It's still hot!"

I smiled and giggled, "Thank you, granny! You're the best!", following her footsteps to the dining room.

I pulled a wooden chair out for grandma to sit on, then sat on a wooden chair myself.

"So," grandma started, pouring a ladle of abalone porridge into a bowl, handing it to me with a spoon,  "are you gonna explain to me where you were last night?"

"I was working on a project then fell asleep halfway through." I replied, scooping some of the porridge.

"Ah, is that so?" she said, sitting down on the chair.

"Yea." I quickly replied, "I even dreamt of a white tiger."

"How? You haven't even seen one, ever. They're extinct. There's no way you would be able to dream of something that you've never seen. On top of that, how'd you known that it was a white tiger? It could've been anything else." my grandma looked, worried.

I thought to myself for a second, staying silent.

How did I know? How did I know it was a white tiger? But I know for a fact it is a white tiger. I don't know how I even knew. I just know that it most definitely is a white tiger. I'll go hell and back to prove it but how did I obtain this knowledge?

I looked at my grandma, "Do you believe in ghosts grandma?".

It had to be a ghost. There was no other explanation. 

"You know I believe that they exist. But, I don't think it's a ghost. Ghosts don't work like that."

I stayed silent for a while,

"Do you think it was something else? Much more powerful?"

"Maybe."

"I think I forgot to tell you, the white tiger knew how to talk in my dream." I looked down at my porridge, mixing it around and taking another couple of bites of it.

My grandma stayed silent.

"It can't be what I think it is."

"What are you thinking of, grandma?"

"I'll tell you once I confirm it really is what I think it is." she said, getting out of the chair. "Wash your bowl and the pot after you're done eating!"

"Okay, grandma!"

———

Later that night, I went back out to the depths of the forest.

"Grandma! I'm gonna head out again! I'll be back!"

"Okay! Take care of yourself alright, computer bug?"

"I will!" I said, putting my coat on and shutting the door behind me.

It's so cold. It's so frickin cold.

Crunch

Crunch

I heard the snow being packed tighter beneath my feet as I walked over them.

I saw the same tiny cabin again and walked towards it.

"Lovely," I muttered under my breath "I get to be warm now."

I walked over to the cabin and opened the door, putting my stuff aside.

It's so warm. It's so cozy and warm.

Click

I switched the lights on and walked down to the basement again, continuing to finish up the couple of frames I needed to add in for the scene of the game.

If you're wondering what the game is about, it's a game about an adventurer trying to look for friends.

Click

Click Click Click

Click Click Click Click

I continued to type on my keyboard.

"Almost there." I continued to bash the keyboard.

Click Click Click

Click Click

Click Click Click Click Click Click

"And, done!" I stretched and previewed the scene that would be added in.

"Now all I need to do is to drag and-"

Flicker

"You're joking. The lights really have to turn off as soon as I'm about to finish."

I groaned and stood up from my chair, stretching.

I looked around for my phone then remembered that I lost it. 

"Well, guess I'll have to just find my way out of here in the dark."

I walked up the stairs then out the door, feeling my way around.

However, I did not expect a white fluffy mythical creature with a pair of glowing blue eyes to wait for me.

"Holy shit."

It tilted its head at me, "What?".

Thump.

——————

©gimgumdrops, all rights reserved.