06 | Woman

Knock Knock Knock,
I woke up to the sound of wood being tapped on,

"Come in." I replied sluggishly.

"Hai~ I made you breakfa-"

I backed up in my bed, panicked and pointed at the young woman. "Who the fuck are you and how did you get in?"

"What do you mean? I'm Chaehyun!" The blonde, almost platinum haired girl replied confused.

"What do you mean you're Chaehyun. She's a animal you weirdo. Why would you want to pretend to be a tiger."

"What do you mean? Huh?" She looked around the room, still confused, looking for words. "I'm Chaehyun. The same one who "borrowed" food from you, remember?"

"Why do you look like that!?", I said muffled behind my palms that were now on top of my face as I tried to wash my face with air.

"Why do I look like what?" Chaehyun said calmly but confused

"Why are you a human!?" I yelled, even more confused than she was.

"What do you mean? I'm still a tiger, see?" She gestured to herself, accidentally catching a glimpse of her now human hands, "What the hell?!"

"What did I tell you?! See, you're human!"

"Oh Em Gee, I was still a tiger a second ago before I entered the room."

"Clearly not anymore."

–––

"I'm hungry" Chaehyun said, sitting on the couch with perfect princess posture.

I continued slouching in silence, followed with a silence breaker "Why do you get to be the pretty one." I said, annoyed.

"Eh?"

"Yea, you. Why do you get, to be the pretty one. I'm just stuck with this stupid face but you get to be the pretty winning one." I rolled my eyes.

She looked me in the eyes, holding both my hands in hers. She sighed, "Even if I'm the pretty one right now, I don't even know how long I'll stay in this body for... I don't even want to be in this body! I'm not even strong anymore, my arms are weak, and other than my face, I don't know what this body can even do. And- And—"

"Hey, no.", I interrupted, "Just because you're not the same anymore doesn't mean you're useless, it just means that there's probably something else for you to be good at! You could be good at-"

Thud.

I looked next to me to see that Chaehyun has passed out and fell to the floor.

"Fuck. Maybe you are useless."

——————
©gimgumdrops, all rights reserved.