butterflies. xiao

[ 警告 ] warnings ;  ✗

The summery air flowed past his bi-colored locks, his eyes closed in thought as he listened to the song the wind sang with each object it passed. But his attention was soon consumed with the sound of a familiar voice. Your voice to be exact, as you greeted some of the guests in your path. A feeling grew in his stomach that caused his eyes to flutter open,

you were back.

A bit sooner than he expected with a trip to the nation of freedom, but he couldn't complain. He would be lying if he said he didn't miss you just from your short voyage.

He quickly stood, running across your shared bedroom to fix anything out of place, taking a quick glance in the mirror while he was at it, fixing a stray strand of hair that stook out of its place.

"Xiao?" you called making your way up the stairs, surprised about the male was still said to be home rather than out doing his usual routine around liyue. Though you received no response as you opened the wooden door, you saw him standing awkwardly in the middle of the room.

"y/n.." a soft smile displayed onto his lips as he quickly became less tense at the sight of your approaching figure allowing his body to slouch a tad, "your back-"

Your body crushed against his with joy as your arms wrapped snugly around his waist, " I missed you."

There it was again, the feeling that fluttered around his stomach, "...i-i missed you too." his arms wrapped around your torso, as he pressed a very light kiss onto your temple, " i'm glad your back."

The feeling seemed to be mutual, as your head hid against his shoulder, only answering with a hum.

butterflies...

© -Dxliqhted

09.05.21