feelings. xiao

[ 警告 ] warnings ;  ✗

[ 警告 ] warnings ; 

you watched as he sat down in front of a overgrown tree, leaning back against the rough ridged surface to take a much needed break. he took out his flask of water and bringing it to his lips to pull for large gulps.  it was peaceful, so quiet that you hear the taps of the birds feet on the branches above— with a distant flap as  they prepared to soar.

it could be seen as romantic. But you were sure he didn't see you as such, he'd barely wanted to join you on your journey...or at least you assumed..

his face was sour with hints of irritation just hearing upon your request, he complaint of how bothersome it was but joined nonetheless.

"xiao"

his gaze snapped to you, seeing how you knelt before him to match his height sitting, he didn't respond but blinked at you serving as a signal he was paying attention, "i have a question.." you spoke, seeing him tilt his head slightly to the side as he waited for you to continue, "why are you so..upset all the time?"

his eyes widened slightly to show more of his sunset orbs, "..I'm not upset."

His gaze flickered from you to the fields in thought, "Your..not? But you always act so...grumpy." you returned, seeing how he closed his eyes momentarily before looking back at you, "i'm not. i'm fine.."

"is it me then?" you asked, to which he opened his mouth to speak but no words escaped, he was at the loss of words as a thought came to mind, "no."

you frowned as you gained nothing from the pitifully short conversation, "so.. we're friends then?"

"friends?"

"Yeah, friends!" you cheered, a warm smile forming into your lips, he felt a warmth on his face as a dust of blush crept up to the apple of his cheeks and the points of his ears, "okay," he spoke, as he got lost in your eyes, almost not feeling the tiny smile that crept up on his lips.

you noticed everything but knew better than to call him out on it,

laying your head on his shoulder as you watched the flowers below sway with the winds, "what are you doing?" He asked as he flinched away from you, "resting.." you said feeling him relax under your touch before you felt a tiny amount of weight on your head, feeling the teal hair droop down beside yours, a soft hum escaped his lips as he closed his eyes, "i see.." he spoke as you began to close your eyes along with his, feeling the sun beginning to set over the two of you.

"xiao.." you yawned hearing him hum above you, "thank you for coming with me. I appreciate having someone like you.." you said as you began to drift, his eyes softly opened to a sensation in his stomach, soft flutters that made him feel like he was floating on air, he snuggled more into you, a new feeling discovered, yet again introduced by you.

© -Dxliqhted

09.05.21