- Finally Free -

A poor girl trapped in the four walls of this prison like house, could be compared to a sheep in a den of wolves.

But what they didn't know — was that the frail, weak and defenseless sheep was actually...

a monster.

* * *

"YOU KILLED HER... MY MOTHER... YOU KILLED HER!!! YOU KILLED MY MOTHER!"

I meant to kill him and I was going to kill him.

"You little bitch!! How dare you speak like that to your father!" The voice I had once feared more than anything unconsciously ran chills down my spine.

Not an ounce of guilt present in that vile voice that I put up with all of these excruciating years...

"Father? Please! You were never and never will be my father." I spat, my face psychotic as I glared behind him. At the the two people that destroyed my life.

Those two bitches, my step mother and step sister were the ones that made my father like this! That was the illusion I tried to feed myself every day and every night.

But deep down I knew it... my "father" was like this from the start. I knew it ever since he brought his new woman and precious daughter to her fucking funeral. I knew it ever since I found all of mother's priceless belongings burnt to cinders. I knew it all then but I chose to ignore it, I chose to stay oblivious because it all hurt too much.

But I can't do it... I can't take this shit any longer...

* * *

Blood everywhere... on my hands, my clothes, pooling down the intricate glass staircases back in the mansion that was once my hellish prison.

I broke into a run, the rush of adrenaline as the wind danced through my hair and caressed my face. It was as if a heavy weight had finally been lifted from my shoulders.

A soft smile etched into my face, I had escaped!

.
.
.

I'm Krystalina Kim.

My deceased mother was the sole hier to the Lin conglomerate and my father was a greedy man who mercilessly took her life under the facade of being a loyal husband to inherit the wealth and power that came with taking over one of Korea's biggest business groups at that time.

I remember... my mother to be a breathtaking beauty. The faint memories of her soft facial features and flowing hair. She was my solace, the only person that kept me sane.

I "loved" father, he was my only remaining family... I had to endure it, I wanted, no, needed his affection and love.

I was too young during that time to realize that he had already been cheating on mother while she was alive with a vile woman that came to be my stepmother.

My stepmother made me sleep in the cupboard under the stairs. I wore rags, cleaned dishes, mopped floors. It felt like a movie, one that didn't have a happily ever after.

And if that wasn't enough, my miserable life too, went beyond the walls of the confined mansion.

At school, to my classmates... An object, not a person.

Alyssa, my step sister made sure everyone in our private primary school knew that.

I remember hating her the most. She was the one that stole my place in father's heart was what I had always thought. But I had already known that I never had a piece of that devil's heart in the first place.

Though I never felt the pain of the physical abuse, the mental degrading was a whole other story. I lost my sanity, honor and along with that... I lost myself.

Family? Friends? Love?

How would it feel to share a warm meal with family that I could actually sit on the same dinner table with.

How would it feel to have a best friend push me on the swings, to hear the sound of our laughter drift through the wind.

How would it feel to hear my heart beat again, to fall into love with someone that unconditionally stood by my side.

These haunting thoughts are ones that would never mean anything to a person like me. But, can you really blame me after all the shit I've been through?

I've survived my whole childhood depending on me myself and I.

But that all changed... when I met him.

Author's Note 💕
Chapters are probably going to get longer as time goes by, I think... Honestly I have no idea wtf I'm doing but I hope you liked the first chapter ;) ily <3