- Johan Seong -

From the Han river, the big 4 crews are divided into north, east, south and west but since we J Highschool is located in the middle, we are not in any of their territories.

It is said that someone was behind the making of the big 4 crews, which I already know is the old geezer Charles Choi. There are also rumors that each crew has an illegal business operation which I know is also true.

West river belongs to big deal, their business seems to be a illegal betting ring.

North river belongs to god dog,  weird name for a gang but the current leader defeated the old one and took over immediately after, changing the name of the gang as such.

East river belongs to hostel, they are apparently undergoing a major makeover but they can still be considered as the worst of the worst criminals.

And the south river belongs to the workers, they aren't just any average teenage gang as they are more of a enterprise than a crew.

I patiently explained to Daniel the information that Kyle and Dylan had gathered of the 4 major crews so far. But I had a feeling that this much was just the surface... we needed to dive even deeper...

Dylan and Kyle was waiting for me at the front door when I got back to the estate.

"What's the occasion? Why are you two standing here grinning like idiots?" I questioned as I walked up to them spinning my car keys.

"We have a surprise!!" Dylan exclaimed childishly

"Ew can you try not to act like a gross kid?" Kyle groaned as he bumped Dylan out of the way and beamed at me.

These two are a pair of masterpieces, I sighed, rubbing my temples.

"Prepare to be amazed!! We searched day and night for this you know??" Dylan explained as he squeezed in between me and Kyle.

I was handed a cardboard box with a few sloppy holes at the sides and top. My soul almost left my body when a flurry of white jumped out of the box and started licking my face.

No fucking way!? This was my childhood puppy! The only living being that was actually on my side amongst the demons and devils I lived with.

I fell to my knees as the memories crashed into me... every time I divided my stale meals in half for her, every time she distracted the devils so that I could sneak out of the house to train, every time she laid beside me as I cried myself to sleep.

My puppy!! I gathered the fluffy white Pomeranian in my arms and squeezed her gently in my embrace to which she snuggled comfortably into.

I looked up to see Dylan and Kyle with the brightest smile I've smiled in a while.

"Thank you..." I whispered as I patted her head.

"Anything for you boss!!! Come to think of it, what's her name?" Kyle said bending down to my level on the floor.

"Her name's cloudy." I smiled, chuckling at the dumb name little me gave her.

"Woof! Woof!" Cloudy barked jumping in my arms, seemingly still remembering me.

I decided to take Cloudy out for a run, just like old times. I sat down on a bench as I watched her jump around excitedly and rolling around in the grass.

It was peaceful until she encountered another dog, that happened to be wearing some... interesting clothes.

"Cloudy! That's enough." I called out.

"Eden! Stop it." A voice called out at the same time.

I looked up to see a tall, slender guy about my age with fluffy brown hair falling into his eyes. We locked eyes for a second and for a while we just stood there and stared at each other.

"I'm sorry, I should have tied her up." I said breaking away from his piercing gaze.

"Nono it was my fault!" He said quickly, hand behind his neck.

"Nah it was mine, cool hoodie by the way." I steered the conversation, leaving him no time to refute. I took the chance to lean down to take a closer look at the logo, where have I seen this emblem before?

"O-oh, thanks..." he said blushing while crossing his arms over the logo on the hoodie, what is he trying to hide?

"Do you work out like this everyday?" He asked, clearly wanting to change the topic, his face returning to its normal shade when I got up.

"Not usually, but my brothers just surprised me with this cutie and I couldn't resist a run." I replied, breaking off into a jog as he followed closely me.

"You said you came all the way from Nowon to get your hair cut? Why? Your hairstyle already suites you well." I remarked, nodding towards his pretty brown bangs.

"You really think so?" He asked, a smile forming on his face to reveal a dimple.

"Of course! Come to think of it, Nowon is north river, isn't it the home of god dog?" I casually asked with a relaxed expression while on the inside, I was internally smirking.

I've got you now Johan Seong!

During the casual conversation we had, I finally remembered where I had seen the logo on his hoodie before. It was on the report Dylan wrote for me about god dog.

The pieces matched up perfectly, the boy in front of me was non other than Johan Seong, the ill tempered head of god dog.

"You know god dog!?" He asked in bewilderment, looking pretty surprised.

"Well, I've heard about them, I hear they are really twisted guys, that they're a den of criminals." I replied, subtly emphasizing the words.

I wonder... What will be the result of provoking the head of the almighty god dog.

"Hey, do you wanna race?" He said, smiling, flashing his cute dimple.

* A short while later *

"I... I l-lost!?" Johan asked, huffing and panting on the grass in shock.

"Man, that was close." I sighed, sitting beside him casually chugging some water.

He was a lot faster than I thought. We started on the same footing after ages convincing him not to let me start first because I was a girl. I only exerted 3% of my energy but I could tell that Johan Seong was not a normal person.

We talked a while about our lives but it was nothing new, probably because I had already read an entire report about his life.

I also know of his blinded mother that is in desperate need of a cornea transplant. This is something I could easily help with but first is to determine whether he would be a friend or a foe.

Despite that, the both of us hit it off as the conversation steered towards more light hearted subjects such as our pets.

"Krystalina, come visit me in Nowon next time, we might be bad guys... but we never bite our friends!" He said, walking away with a smile and a wave.

The wolf has finally come out of the dog's clothing...

Authors Note 💕
Hey guyss, so you might have noticed that I skipped the "animal cruelty" arc. I really wanted to write about it but I was too long and I got lazy half way. Nevertheless I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Have a great day everyone! <3