- Convenience Store -

You'd probably wonder why I joined the slave auction... well after harshly refusing everyone that asked me to participate festival, I just happened to stumble upon a particular person that changed everything.

I was trying to find Daniel in the hallways, when I heard someone singing. The voice practically lured me to the fashion department's classroom, it sounded... special, like it was meant to be sung for one person and one person only. Besides, I recognized the melody of the song the anonymous person was singing. The melody, the rhythm was so familiar, yet it was sung in such a foreign voice. My curiosity got the best of me as I turned the door knob to find that the voice actually belonged to the same boy I was trying to find for the past hour!

"K-Krystal!" Daniel gasped, flustered as he got of the windowsill ledge he was siting on.

"Wow, Daniel... Didn't know you could sing!" I smirked and clapped in appreciation as I walked to stand in front of him.

Before I could say anything, the classroom door barged open and Duke stumbled inside. "H-hi!" He squeaked as he gripped on the fabric stings of his bag. Daniel was still recovering from the shock that not only one, but two people had heard him sing. I on the other hand was deep in thought... where had I heard that melody before... then, the lightbulb clicked.

"The Truth Untold." I whispered, as realization sunk in. "That was the song you were singing... right Daniel?" I questioned him, anxious and uncertain. It is a very meaningful song to me and hold it dear to my heart. I had personally produced it with a group of tight knit friends, though they are now known as the famous boy band BTS. I had sung the female vocals for the song and asked them to keep the collaboration a secret. Unbeknownst to the public, me and the bangtan boys had gone through thick and thin together, even though it was only for a short period of time. I have many things to thank them for and hearing that song again brought back a truckload of memories.

But that is a story for another chapter...

"Yeah it was, why?" Daniel asked, confused. Duke on the other hand was quickly piecing everything together. "Krystal! You're the mystery person who sang the female-" Duke blabbered with realization. "Hehe, yeah." I chuckled as I ran a hand through my hair. Well I guess that's not a secret anymore. "No way! Your voice has been a mystery for ages!" Daniel exclaimed as he jumped out of his chair excitedly. "L-let's... Perform together at the festival." Duke cut in nervously.

And that! Is the reason why I'm currently in front of Duke' house with Daniel beside me. The both of them had begged me to join the competition and gosh... I seriously couldn't stand their puppy eyes, curse my heart of gold! I mentally slapped myself, how were they able to drag me into this stupid competition.

We walked into the cozy home to see Duke rushing around, frantically trying to tidy the house to the best of his abilities. I chuckled and bent down to help him with the remaining mess, It kind of reminded me of my time in the tiny shack with Dylan and Kyle, though Duke's house was much better condition. That reminds me... I'm pretty sure Daniel is living in the same shack me, Dylan and Kyle lived in since we were 10. After an hour of Daniel's "How to save money 101" class, we got to work and started practicing our song.

*Duke's POV*
My house is so shabby!

They've probably never seen a house like this!

What if they're disappointed!'

I frantically rushed around, trying to clean up from the night before. I saw a pair of arms pick up the pile of trash on the floor, I looked up, surprised to see Krystalina, The Krystalina Kim winking at me before turning to empty the contents into the trash bin. While Daniel was going on and on about how to save money on rent and water.