Chapter 4 ╳balladeer

" Oh. My. Gods. "

Just as they entered, Kazuha and Xiangling were both introduced by none other than Zhongli himself. He stood there with pride, his buttoned up shirt- along with his golden tie, as it had various patterns on it.  He dressed to impress the entire studio, owning the look like none other.

" Hello you two ! Ms.Xiangling, Mr. Kazuha. It is great to meet you both in person. " He says, with a tint of excitement in his tone. The two he mentioned tensed up, not use to that kind acknowledgment from the Zhongli.

" It is great to meet you too, sir. " Kazuha replied, only one who actually had the confidence to say something. The director's eyebrows furrowed down, as he gave them a look of spare. " No, No. please, refrain from calling me 'sir'. It's is unnecessary here, as I do treat my cast and fellow crew with the same respect they treat me." He replied, as the two nodded their head in acknowledging way.

Xiangling was still in awe from the introduction, but her eyes shifted from the two's conversation, and made eye contact with a fellow actress. She had long brunette hair, with red tips that faded in, almost looking  like ponytail's. Along with her collar shirt, tucked in, she had on dress- like pants.

The actress looked over to Xiangling, giving her a wink and smile. Xiangling didn't know how to react, so she only smiled back. As doing such actions, The said chef turned back towards the director and author, getting the said author's attention. " Hey, Kazuha.? " She asked, once he gave his attention to her. He hums a response, as she looks towards the actress from not to long ago.

" Who is that ? The actress over there ?" She asked, as Kazuha's eyes lay on her. She did look awfully familiar, until it clicked. He did remember her face as Rosa from the drama, 'Death or love' . And all he could say was: " Ah yes, Rosa. " He replied, as Xiangling started to pondered on the name Rosa. Looking more closely at her, it finally kicked in, giving the unknown actress a title she knew.

" Should've known it was.. Hu Tao. " with a little grudge on that last part, Xiangling turned back around to the Director and Kazuha, as they had their attention on her. Kazuha lets a little chuckle, looking back at Zhongli. " I see you have an eye on Ms.Hu Tao ?" He asked the director, who nodded in a reply.

" I do. She was phenomenal in the movie 'burning passion' with Xiao, a good friend of mine, and she shows so much emotion through her acting and her every day choices. " He says, taking a step into the filming room,where the other actor's were holding their own conversation. The other two followed behind, taking side of Zhongli.

Zhongli took a hold of a glass, slightly tapping against it. As doing so, he gained the rest of the cast's attention, their eyes meeting his. They had smiles on their faces, as their conversation's ended for the time period.

" Good afternoon everyone. I am very delighted that all of you could make it to this meeting of some sort. As you know .. "

He spoke about the book and it's backstory, as he mentioned Kazuha within that speech. Kazuha nods and smiles to everyone once his name was spoke, as the other actor's gave him a round of applause. He tried not to smile to hard, as he was quite excited for this arrangement.

From the whole speech, Kazuha learned that these actors that were here — had already taken up the role they were chosen, with only leaving a few others who were getting their scripts that day. Kazuha watched Xiangling sign the papers of her contract for the role, not even having to look at the script.

" I can't wait to start filming this, along side our filming crew, directors, and more. " Zhongli finished off, watching as everyone in the room raised a glass to his line, clapping and all. Kazuha did as well, taking a sip from his sparkling grape wine. The taste feeling bitter at first, but soothing down to a delight backlash.  He places the glass down, as he noticed a particular actor catch his eyes.

Kazuha's interest rises, as he grows more curious on the unknown actor in the corner having a conversation with another fellow cast member. He got up from his seat, keeping his eyes on the one member, but to only be interrupted by Ayaka and Xiangling.

" Congratulations, Kazuha! " Ayaka says, lifting her glass to the author. He smiles, as he swiftly takes his glass into his grasp. " And same to you, Ms. Ayaka. " He response, sending the three into a laughing matter.

The actor's eyes lifted from the conversation he had, on to the author from the other side of the filming room. His purple doe eyes never leaving the autumn leaves on the tie of the author, as interest rises in him. He was going to leave the area, until he heard the sound of the director come to him.

" Now, I am surprised you could actually make it, Scaramouche. " The director says, placing a hand on the actors shoulder, as the said other turns around to face the director's direction.

" Same, Zhongli. Can't believe it... "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▍