Chapter 12 ╳ lunch break

" I got your message, Idiot. What's with the little date ?"

Kazuha turns around from the set, watching the Balladeer grow closer to him. He noticed the small grin on the actors face, making his own face curve up.

" Oh, just something for my fellow companion." He replied, gaining a slight chuckle from the Balladeer. " Oh? 'Companion' ?" The actor was now in front of the author, standing in pride. Kazuha only glanced away - to only look back at the Balladeer.

Companion ? Are they that now ? Nothing more ?

He knows that their relationship is nothing special, specifically dealing with the Balladeer- who could break his heart if he felt like it. So Kazuha was smart — not to grow to attached. So, Companions might be what they are.

" Would you like me to call you something else, Balladeer ?" He asked, gaining a gush of red flow to the said persons face. " No. It's fine, now — lunch break ?"

Kazuha looks towards the cast members on break themselves, the time at an hour and thirty minute lunch break. Ayaka was on the phone with someone, Xiangling was 'trying' to eat-while Hu Tao purposely bothered her.

" Yes, there is a cafe down stairs. Let's go."

Kazuha took the first step towards the exit, while Scaramouche followed behind. His foot steps were light- and delicate. He had no intention of making notice. Kazuha turns around to see a balladeer looking down at his phone. His first thought was to snoop- and take a peek at what he was doing. Thinking of the consequences and how wrong that sounds: he went with his second thought instead.

" What's got your eyes stuck on that screen ?" He asked, gaining a hum from the balladeer. " It's.. It's none of your business, author. So keep your eyes on what you should be paying attention to- - " he stops mid sentence, noticing the author stopped in his tracks, looking towards him.

His eyes were soft looking, staring right into the balladeers. Scaramouche felt his intense stare- with it feeling very- different. Different from what he expected.

" What are you doing ?" He asked, as the author walked up to actor. No one was in the hall- as the cafe was a stair case down.

" You told me to keep my eyes on something I should be paying attention on. So I'm doing just that. " he answered, gaining a small gasp from the actor. He had a confused yet flustered face, taking his attention towards the floor.

" Walk. Now. "

Kazuha let's out a small chuckle, as he turns in his step down the stairs. Scaramouche stood there for a second, until taking his steps down as well.

He was actually texting his sister where he was gonna be for the time being. Lying to her as well.

He was trying to get in contact with her- - for has it been awhile since he seen her. He was originally gonna see her that she was gone, but that was only cause he felt home sick of some way. But now: he doesn't even really want to see her in the end. She has been so busy- it's weird to even know she was near by.

So: he texted her;

" i won't be at my place for the week. So don't come over. I will visit you when I get the time. "

only some of that was a lie.

Him not wanting her to come over ? Yes that was true,
Him visiting her  ? Also true

But him not being at his place ? That was false.. for now.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▍
sorry this chapter is so short ! there will be
an actual lunch break in the next chapter :)