Chapter Six: Violin

*A couple months later*

I pulled out my violin, and I started playing an old lullaby my dad used to play for me, and I heard my mom start to hum along.

I smiled softly as I started to remember something from when I was little.

*Flashback*

"Daddy, daddy, play me a song!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down, clapping my hands as he pulled out his violin.

"Alright, alright honey calm down." He chuckled and put the violin up to his chin and he grabbed the bow and started playing me a song.

I recognized the song as "Frère Jacques", and I started singing along.

"Frère Jacques, Frère Jacques, Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous? Sonnez les matines! Sonnez les matines! Ding ding dong! Ding ding dong!" I sang along quietly.

"You should learn how to play the violin, you'd be very good." He smiled "Do you want me to teach you?"

I screamed in excitement, shouting "Yes!"

He chuckled "Alright honey, I promise that I'll teach you."

*End*

He never did teach me, but when I was in school, he taught my mom to play, and before my dad died of a very brutal murder, he was assigned to a relay station, where he was assigned Lieutenant Commander and to look over and make sure everyone was following directions.

A couple months later, he was found dead in his bed, he was stabbed in his heart while he was sleeping, leaving him to die in a pool of his blood. They did eventually find the killer but they found her "Not Guilty." (AQUIEL, AQUIEL)

A tear fell down my cheek as I continued playing.

I play the violin because I love the sweet sound of music, and to honor my father.

Wow now I sound like a Klingon.

I'm very happy that my mother taught me to play, so I can remember stuff like this, because a lot of my memories are associated with some songs my dad played.

I continued playing but I chose a different song.

I decided to play another song my dad played for me when I was little, but it was a piece I couldn't play because it made me sob, every time I played or heard it.

It's called "Brahms lullaby." (Huh funny, Geordi had a crush on a Leah Brahms WOW HAHA)

I started playing it and I started to tear up.

It wasn't even a whole 30 seconds before I started to break down.

I stifled a sob and then I heard the door ring, to which my mom said "Come in."

It continues onto the next chapter.

Xoxo ~ Liz