꧁𝗣.𝗦. 𝗜 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗬𝗼𝘂꧂

The day finally came for everyone to go back home to England. New York had been amazing, Miami had been amazing and the whole trip had been more than a success for the Beatles who were now superstars across the globe.

Zipping up her suitcase, Linda was ready to go back home and feel some of the normality that came with returning to university and tending to her studies. America had been an experience, if not the biggest of her life so far. It had been a terrible rollercoaster of emotions and conflicts, one that she was happy to never go on again.

Last night proved to be the end for her. Paul had made it clear, among many other things in the past week but especially then that he was determined to change her mind. Admitting that there was a slight chance he had the power to cause such change was the exact reason Linda was running in the opposite direction. This time for good. Back in England, he wouldn't be able to get her.

꧁꧂

Getting to the airport was more stressful than it ever had to be. The press was all over the boys like moths to a flame but this time, the girls were with them so there was no way they could get lost again.

Linda noticed Susan and Ringo handholding as they made their way to the plane, an interesting observation. Yes, there were engaged but to exude and pronounce their affections so publicly must have angered Epstein, the Beatles' manager who specifically wanted the boys' relationships to be kept a secret.

But, at the same time. Linda had to look at it from a positive point of view, something she was learning to do when it came to people in love. It seemed that Ringo was very serious about their relationship, easing most of Linda's concern. He had proved himself to her, although never having to, that he could be trusted with her best friend's heart. Linda was very protective over Susan seeing her as a younger sister which was probably the reason why she was so hostile to the drummer on that cold night in New York.

With the wind starting to come in, they were leaving at the right time. Although, England wasn't any warmer and Miami was heaven to be missed but Linda was overjoyed to be returning to the trusty rain. The familiarity of home and sense of comfort prevailed over anything a holiday could bring her.

Walking up the plane stairs, the boys all turned to wave goodbye to America with pretty smiles on their faces. They knew they were coming again.

The crowds screamed, some were even crying. Some, meaning most. While the others were too hysterical to cry and instead, aggressively waved around their Beatles memorabilia. Linda and the other tagalongs witnessed the madness from their windows whilst the boys waved the crowds away. Linda looked over the crowd with confusion and impressiveness.

4 boys from Liverpool, taking over the world. Who would've thought...

Once the boys were inside and sat down, the plane took to the runway, taking off into the air within a few moments. Linda watched the crowds shrink from her window as they flew above Miami, the view an astounding sight. She would miss it in a way.

"Alright?" Ringo smiled at Susan.

Susan blinked, looking quite dazed and nodded slowly. "Uh - Yeah..."

Ringo squeezed her hand. "Good." He said.

"I can't wait to get back." Barbara exhaled opposite her, pouring herself a drink.

Linda would usually scold Barbara or give her a look and mock her. Now, she could understand why Barbara drank so consistently. An escape from reality, an escape from yourself. In hindsight, Barbara was probably the most tutored out of them all.

"It's 9 in the morning." Linda began. Barbara gave her a "do I give a fuck?" Look and took a swig. "Pour me one."

"Linda." Susan gasped dramatically.