iii. 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞

Prompt: Family/Friends

"Anything is possible when you have the right people to support you." - Misty Copeland

Luka wondered where Marinette was

Luka wondered where Marinette was. She had slipped out of the room when they entered, something about helping Alfred?

It looked like Bruce was thinking the same thing because he asked, "Luka, where is your friend? The one you brought with you?"

Smiling sheepishly, Luka said, "I think she's outside, helping Alfred. At least, that's what she said."

Dick clapped his hands together. "Can we go and meet her? Please, please, please?" He gave him puppy eyes - as if Luka was going to say no.

Blinking, Luka gestured towards the door. "Uh...sure."

☆☆☆☆☆

"And he adds a little bit more sugar than the recipe says to-" Marinette was saying to Alfred. "Because it makes it sweeter and that's what the customers like."

"Well," an amused voice said. "It looks like you and Alfred get along."

Marinette whirled around, her cheeks pink with embarrassment. She stuttered, saying, "I-"

"No, don't worry about it," Mr Wayne - the Bruce Wayne - interrupted her. "It's fine."

Marinette shot a look at Luka. Help me.

He gave her an amused smile but nevertheless, helped her.

Gesturing to his father (wow, that sounded weird), Luka said, "This is my dad," he hesitated when he said that, as if Luka was unsure if that was okay, "Bruce."

He then introduced all of his brothers and their girlfriends. Almost immediately after he was done introducing her, Tim - the CEO - looked up at her sharply.

"Wait," he said, "Marinette Dupain-Cheng? As in the Marinette Dupain-Cheng?"

Marinette stared at him. "I-"

He was walking closer to her now, scrutinizing her. "Jagged Stone's personal designer?"

Luka was enjoying this. There was no question about it. He was grinning at her and Marinette narrowed her eyes at him.

"Are you Jagged Stone's personal designer?" Tim's voice ended Luka and Marinette's staring contest.

Still not understanding the significance of this, Marinette said, "Yes?"

Marinette thought her eardrums burst when Dick shrieked.

Within two seconds, she was swarmed by the entire Wayne family (except for Bruce, Jason, Damian and Luka), all asking questions about her job ("Oh my gosh, what's it like working for Jagged Stone?" "Do you get to listen to his unreleased albums?" "What's he like?").

Marinette tried her best to answer all of the questions and very soon, Jason shot her a wink - as if he approved of her - and yelled, "All right, shut up you lot! You've scared her enough."

Everyone except Tim listened to him.

"Oh my god, I love your designs - would you mind making something for me?" he was saying excitedly.

Marinette stopped short. "What?" she managed to say. "You want me to make something for you? As in, like, you?"

Tim eyed her funnily as if she'd said something stupid. "Of course. Your designs are amazing."

Gawking at him, Marinette gestured helplessly towards herself and then him. "But, why? I mean...like, I'm, well, me and you're the CEO of Wayne Enterprises!"

Luka interfered, shooting her an exasperated look because they'd had the same discussion each time someone famous asked Marinette to design for them (Clara Nightingale, XY (though she refused him - after all, he tried to steal her designs, she wouldn't trust him), Audrey Bourgeois - Chloe was not happy).

"Marinette," he sighed.

Before he could say anything though, Tim launched into a rant about "how could you say that!" and "I'd be honored if you designed for me," etc, etc.

"Luka," Bruce said with more-than-a-little amusement. "Why don't you let Alfred take you and Marinette upstairs to show you your rooms?"

Clearly not going to take no as an answer, Alfred led them to their rooms - side by side.

"Here are your rooms, Master Luka and Miss Marinette," he said bowing.

Luka looked flustered. "Alfred, you don't need to call me that-"

"Nonsense," Alfred interrupted, promptly. "I do hope the distance between the rooms helps."

He shot Luka a cryptic look that Marinette was unable to decipher - Luka did, apparently, because his cheeks flushed a little.

Once they were safely in Luka's room, Marinette bounced excitedly on the bed. "So?" she said eagerly.

Luka, staring warily at one of the chairs, said, "So, what?"

Marinette rolled her eyes. For someone so emotionally tuned, Luka could be really stupid sometimes. "What did you think of them?"

"I thought they were...weird, but in a nice way. I liked it." Luka admitted and Marinette squealed.

"I knew it!" she said, "I told you you'd like them!"

Luka shot her a wry smile. "I guess you did. What about you?"

"They were amazing." Marinette replied promptly, because regardless of anything, the Waynes were amazing. She could see why Luka was so amazing.

"That's nice to know," Luka gave her a dry smile. "Imagine if I liked them and you didn't."

He smiled at Marinette's mock-shudder and pulled out his phone. "Come on, let's call our parents."

☆☆☆☆☆

Outside the door, Luka's entire family stood, listening.