EPISODE EIGHT: KNOCK YOURSELF OUT

The picture is of the song writing book that gets destroyed

Danny: (picking Michelle up out of her crib and putting her down again as he speaks) Wish Daddy luck honey, it's a big night. Daddy's getting try-out as a sports caster. On cable TV. Nationwide. I see how impressed you are.
Michelle: da da
Danny: Michelle, I'd love to give you a hug, but 20 million people will be watching me, and I'd just as soon them not see your cookies on my shoulder.
Michelle: Uh (to be interpreted as up, I think)
Danny: Do you promise that everything inside of you is going to stay inside of you? (A little hack/gurgle as he reaches down) That's a preview, isn't it? Okay, baby dribble guard. (Puts towel over his shoulder, then picks her up and gives her a hug.) Come here...

(Jesse and Caitlyn are in living room Jesse is playing the guitar and Caitlyn is writing in her song book as Danny comes down)
Jesse: Oh cool, yes, all right, all right. May I help you?
Danny: Well Jesse, what do you think?
Jesse: (indicating towel) You plan on burpin' one of the boxers?
Danny: (as he takes off the towel) A good sportscaster is ready for anything.
Jesse: That's very nice. All right, listen, I picked the perfect tune for the lyrics here this is really cool. (Plays and sings) She left me for another, walked right out the door. I thought that she loved me. What good is my heart for?"
Danny: (getting into the tune) On top of Old Smokey, all covered with snow...
Jesse: (stopping, putting guitar down and standing) You realize there are only 7 notes. But Beethoven was right when he said it don't come easy.
Danny: Beethoven said, 'It don't come easy'?
Jesse: Well, he said it in German.

Joey: (coming in with boxing gloves on) All right, Danny, I'm ready. I want you...poom! I want you...poom, poom. Second round, you're goin' down! (Gets looks, stops pretending he's a boxer) All right, I'll behave.
Jesse: You are such a baby. (Pulls a strand of his hair or something, hard to see)
Joey: Long haired hippy punk. (Walks up to Danny) I am so proud of you. Ever since you were sports editor of our high school newspaper, you've had that dream.
Danny: The one about Sharon Campbell?
Joey: Nah, not that dream. Every guy in high school had that dream. Nah, I mean your dream of making it as a sports caster. Tonight, you go from local to coast to coast. Knock 'em dead.
Danny: Thanks. And about your dream about bein' a comic? I promise one day, I won't be the only one who thinks you're funny.

(DJ and Stephanie run down the steps with gifts wrapped)
DJ: Wait Dad, don't go yet.
Stephanie: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.
DJ: We got you some stuff for good luck. Guess what this is.
Stephanie: A tie!
DJ: Steph, you know!
Stephanie: Daddy, now you guess.
Danny: Oh, I give up.
Stephanie: It's a tie, remember?
Danny: (opens it) Oh, a tie! I'm so surprised. This is beautiful. I'm gonna wear it tonight.
Caitlyn: Hey Uncle Jess how about this song (she shows Jesse her book) I think that a little bit country to it but I think you might even like it

Jesse: I see what you mean Caty, but I think we could work on it maybe you can even perform it at your next Glee club performance when exactly is that?

Caitlyn: Next week do you think you can help me with the song for the show?

Jesse: No problem kid
Stephanie: I got you a surprise too, Daddy. (Hands it to him)
Danny: Oh, I love surprises. (Opens it, looks oddly at it): Oh, this is great. Thank you for the, um, this is great.
Joey: It's the...most beautiful one of those I've ever seen.
Stephanie: try it on, Daddy.
Danny: (trying to figure out how) Of course I'm gonna try it on. (Experiments in several places on his suit and even in his ear)
DJ: Isn't it a wonderful tie tack, Dad?
Danny: (putting a hand on D.J.'s shoulder) God bless you. (To both) Steph, I love this. Thank you, girls. (He hugs them)
Girls: You're welcome.
Jesse: (back into the room with guitar) All right, I finally got it, this baby is a hit now. Listen to this. (Plays) She left me for another, walked right out the door. I thought that she loved me. What good is my heart for?
Others: (getting into tune, too) This land is your land, this land is my land, from California, to the New York islands...
Jesse: Everybody sing along...
Others: From the redwood forests to the gulf stream waters...