Sunflower and Sweet Pea

TW : Toxic family, self-harm.

.

.

"It wasn't in vain that I stalked her before going to the bar." said Chan who was currently hiding in the bushes in front of a house. More precisely, yes, it's your house. 

With a sunglasses, baseball cap and mask, he really looked like a real stalker.

Today Chan was willing to get up early even though he had no schedule. Yesterday he was quite tired from the group meeting and practice. Initially, he wanted to just relax in the dorm today, but Alex sent him a message, "Remember Chan, you only have 3 months."

He was too lazy to make small talk with you at that time, especially coming to your house. If it wasn't for that bet, how would he go to your house just to learn about your daily life-

"Y/n! Where's my breakfast? Your mum just only cooked a f*cking fried egg!"

"But dad, I have to go to work-"

"I don't care!"

Chan snapped out of his thoughts when he heard shouts from inside your house, which he guessed might be you and your dad. Your mum ? From what he heard earlier, your mum only cooked an egg. Was your mum busy?

In about 30 minutes, Chan decided to return to the car he parked opposite your house after hearing the sound of the stove being turned off. You should be out soon.

"Ah, she's finally out- huh?"

Chan saw you out looking tired and pale. Honestly, he was a little sorry to see you walking so weakly. After a few seconds, he started the car to follow you from behind.

For many times, Chan had to see another surprise he got from you. Chan saw you were stopping by some of the neighbours. With a slow drive, he followed you who placing a small letter and a sunflower on each door. Sometimes he also saw you smiling, followed with a friendly greeting to some neighbours who were in front of their houses.

Chan didn't know why, but he felt warmth in his heart.

He didn't even realise that he was smiling all the time.

The flowers ran out as you arrived at the end of the road, so you got on the bus that was already at the bus stop, made Chan who saw you also immediately drove to the cafe.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Who's that man? He's still there from the morning until night."

"Ah, never mind. After all, from breakfast to dinner, he keeps buying here. He also brought his laptop, probably for work."

You just ignored the waiters gossiping about Chan. Yes, you knew from the beginning that he was the stranger-claiming-himself-as-your-university-friend.

The last waiters had gone home, leaving you to end up alone in the night as usual. As you might have guessed, that man was still there sipping his apple juice.

"What's the meaning of sunflowers, Y/n?"

You frowned in confusion, why did he suddenly ask about sunflowers?

"You're holding a laptop, googling is free."

Chan laughed at your answer. Ah, so different from the Y/n he saw this morning. Maybe if he got caught stalking you, you might get really mad at him.

Even so, for some reason Chan still followed your words to google himself. It felt like every word you said made him bewitch.

Positivity ? Happiness? Pfft- Chan felt like laughing

Positivity ? Happiness? Pfft- Chan felt like laughing. You, who now only had a flat face like a statue, really unmatched with the flowers you gave this morning.

But honestly, something was bothering his mind. Why didn't you show him the side you had this morning?

"What flowers do you like, Y/n?" Chan said as he walked over to you who were wiping a freshly washed glass at the coffee bar.

"What are you asking for?"

"Just asking."

"Sweet peas," you said briefly. You put the last glass in its place, then walked over to Chan before going to tidy up the table and chairs, "but don't give me those flowers."

Chan laughed again while shaking his head. He leant against the coffee bar while watching you tidying the tables, "You are too confident, you thought I would give you-"

"If you give it to me, I'll go away."

Chan didn't reply to your words anymore. The tone of your voice, somehow made his heart ache. It felt like someone who was empty. Like someone who's been hurt a lot.

Like someone who would go as far as possible.

He chose to remain silent and watched your moves. However, his focus was shifted when your sleeve was accidentally pulled.

Is that a- ?

"Y/n," said Chan who quickly walked over and grabbed your hand. There were irregular red lines on your wrist. It even looked very new, "What's this?"

You immediately pulled your hand and fixed your sleeve, then walked away from Chan at a fast pace.

"Get out."

"Y/n, wait, I-"

"The cafe is about to close, get-"

"Y/N!!"

Chan immediately ran when he saw you fainted near the coffee bar. Without thinking twice, he immediately took you into his car. Then, he looked for the cafe key in the staff room, quickly locked the cafe door and headed straight to the hospital.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Excuse me, are you Y/n's family?"

Chan, who was sitting outside, immediately got up and walked over to the person who had just called out to him, "Ah yes, Doctor. Is she okay?"

"Y/n is fine now, she is tired and doesn't seem to be eating regularly. I hope you will help to take care of his health. Oh, and please remind her to take the medicines according to the dose."

Chan nodded as the doctor left him. Slowly, he entered the room with your figure sleeping there.

Standing next to you, he typed something on his phone. After a while, he smiled wryly and put his phone back in his pocket.

"No, Y/n, I'm not going to give you Sweet Peas," he said while caressing your head slowly.

"How about my heart?

Do you want to take it ?"

-

To be continued.