Lunch Box

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

It had been two months since Chan lived in the dorm.

You stared at your phone many times, waiting for a text from Chan who hadn't replied to your messages since three hours ago. No, you were not mad at him at all. He was busy, of course he didn't always have his phone by his side.

For the first two weeks, he always called you every morning. Then in the afternoon, he tried to make time for lunch with you, of course with the food you'd cooked from home. And in the night, he called you until you fell asleep.

Not only calling, he quite often sent you messages when he was free just to ask what you're doing.

During the third and fourth week, Chan started texting you less often. He only called at night, even only briefly. He always told you that he didn't have time for lunch, so you always had it alone. You were totally okay with that.

By the fifth week until now, Chan had never even contacted you. All your messages were never read and your calls were never answered. Even if he didn't read your messages, you always sent him messages of encouragement and sweet words.

Like you usually did to your neighbours,

to the people you loved.

You were still sitting near the agency's receptionist, slightly pressing your stomach which was starting to hurt from not yet having lunch. But because of Chan promised to take you to lunch together made you forget the pain.

You looked at the lunch box that you held with a smile, imagining his smile enjoying your cooking.

You really missed him.

"Y/n! Sorry I'm late !"

That voice snapped you out of your daydream. You looked towards the source of the voice, smiling at Chan who was running towards you.

"It's okay Chris, let's have lunch-"

"Sorry, I'm here to tell you that I can't have lunch with you because we have extra practices. You're okay eating alone, right, baby?"

You nodded, of course it didn't matter. But you worried about him so much, "But what about you? I don't want you to get sick from skipping meals."

Chan smiled, then stole a peck from your lips, surprising you with his sudden action, "Relax baby, I'm going to eat after practice. I promise to eat a lot, hum?"

"Ah okay, so take this. I've eaten my portion." You said while giving the lunch box that obviously still felt heavy. You wanted him to eat a lot. Maybe you'd eat at the cafe if you had time.

Chan nodded, then took the lunch box with a smile. After all, your homemade food was the best.

"Thank you, Y/n."

"You're welcome. Oh Chris, I want to tell you that-"

"Y/n, I'm sorry I cut you off, but the coach and the members are waiting for me right now. I promise I'll find time to talk with you, okay?"

Without waiting for your answer, Chan kissed your forehead and ran towards the elevator. You took a deep breath, remembering that your break time was over. Apparently, you won't be able to have lunch today.

"I have something to tell you, Chris.

But you're getting farther away from me."

On the other side, Chan came back into his room after meeting you. He put your food on his table then threw himself on the sofa in the room.

A woman entered the room with a sweet smile. She put a lunch box on the table, right next to yours, then walked over to Chan who had been staring at her the whole time.