The Bet ?

"Y/n, over here!"

You walked over to your sister who was sitting at a table near the cashier with her friends. A bit struggled, you carried along several trays with desserts and beverages on it.

Today your sister was planning to come with her college friends. You were happy to welcome them, especially students who'd be very extravagant if they ordered something. Indeed, your cafe had more income, but you will be the one who was exhausted from working alone.

You were greeted with smiles from your sister and some of her friends. You smiled back as you handed the entire order to their table.

"Guys, this is Y/n, my sister."

"Hello Y/n." They said in turn. You just replied with a bow and a smile then immediately left them to go to the kitchen.

You were not comfortable. Those eyes on you had haunted you ever since years ago.

"I already said I wanted to help."

Chan, who had been leaning on the coffee bar -as usual-, intercepted you by holding your wrist. Since then, he'd been paying attention to you who had trouble carrying the food. Many times he wanted to help, but you refused.

You sighed softly, this man was really stubborn.

"And I told you I don't need your help, Chan."

Chan finally let go of your hand, letting you go to the kitchen to prepare for another order. If you said you don't need help, it's a lie. You who only did the night shift alone, of course, were very happy with Chan's presence by your side.

Like now, you had to make orders in the kitchen while Chan watched the cafe. Apparently, a celebrity like Chan wants to 'work' without being paid in a small cafe in a small alley.

If it's love, everything will be possible, right?

"Your sister isn't that pretty, is she?"

"Yeah, you're the best. Even your sister's Insta pics are so-so. And you know, every photo that posted on Insta is-"

"The best ! ha ha ha."

Chan furrowed his brows after what he had just heard. He looked at your sister's smiling face. Why didn't she defend you as her sister? he thought.

Chan shook his head. Without you knowing ,he already knew how your family treated you. He couldn't relate to your family which was so different from his own. Even though his family was on another continent, it felt like their hearts were all very close and warm to each other.

And you ? Very close, but hurted each other.

Sometimes, the people who hurt us the most are,

our own family.

-

"Thanks for your help, Chan. You don't need to come often. I know you are busy and tired of your schedule."

"Don't talk about it anymore. I already told you that I'm not tired and will continue to be here for you."

You giggled, like you said, Chan is stubborn. But you don't want to protest, after all you are just as stubborn as him.

"You're beautiful."

"Huh- why all of a sudden?"

"You're the most beautiful woman I've ever met after my mum."

Chan's words made you unable to move. With deep looking eyes, he gave you a genuine smile. As if it was true, to him you were as beautiful as he said in his eyes.