Moving Day

April 1987

Opening your eyes slowly, you wake up in bed, staring at the ceiling ahead.

Oddly enough, it isn't your ceiling at all.

What's even odder is that this isn't your bed either?

It's too big, too elegant compared to your ragtag lump of mattress you call a bed. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this isn't your room or house at all.

'Where am I? I haven't done anything reckless, ' you thought. 'Just what I needed. As moving wasn't stressful enough.'

"You don't have to worry, my friend." A sultry voice purred from beside you.

Jolting at the sudden surprise, it makes it even worse for you knowing your kidnapper is in the bed with you.

"I've been watching you."

"You have a way with words, don't you? Saying that doesn't make me feel any better, you creep."

With your head turned towards your pursuer, you can tell he's handsome, even in the dead of night. He emanates an aura of charisma, poise, and elegance, so strong and thick that you may as well choke on his claim of safety.

Blonde, disheveled hair, a sharp jaw that can cut layers, defined muscles, and a star?

Yeah, that's right, a star, clear as day (at night) on his left shoulder.

'This is too weird to be true, ' you thought, 'this must be a dream.'

"I believe you're right, sweetheart." The man spoke again. "But soon, it'll be real to you."

"Don't call me sweetheart. I'm not even yours, to begin with, I don't even know you! And what do you mean by that?"

Scooting closer towards you, the blond man gently holds your face with one have, lifting it towards him. At that moment, your brain is at war- should I fear him, or should I trust him at all?

Oh, those piercing red eyes are all you can focus on as he whispers: "Patience, and you'll see what I mean."

Still confused, you stay frozen in his gaze as he tenderly kisses your forehead. The moment his lips met your forehead, you were no longer staring at his eyes anymore, but the ceiling.

Don't worry, it's your bedroom ceiling this time.

Blinking up at the ceiling, you realized you were back in your room again. It took a minute for you to realize it was a dream.