Deal and Dash

Your happiness for the night was a bit short-lived, though. You were back in this cursed room again. What does this man want?! Strangely, though, you weren't lying down in his bed, but rather an armchair on the side of the room. Looking to your right, you find Mr. Brando sprawled out on the bed reading a book. Since he seemed indulged in what he was reading, you decided to keep quiet until he noticed you. You also took this as a chance to observe your surroundings. There was a vintage boudoir and a closet on your left, with two separate doors on each side of them.

'One must lead to the rest of the house, and one must be the bathroom,' you thought. 'Too bad this is only a dream simulation.' Can you even escape this man even if this was real? Just looking at the room alone tells you he's very well off. Are there bodyguards here? What's the range of this world? Deep in thought, you forgot there was another person in the room.

"Miss Brown?"

Snapping out of thought, you look up to see Dio right in front of you. When did he get there? It scared the living daylights out of you knowing he teleported from the bed. You try to hide your fear, yet it was in vain, for he sneered at your reaction. "My apologies, miss, it's amusing to see that determined face change for once."

"Ah, good evening Mr. Brando, but you seemed busy with that book. I didn't want to disturb you." You quickly thought back to your private journal. You wanted answers. You needed answers. Should you be direct about it, or should you find out more?

Well, you were curious.

"Checking on me again? Like the last time, I'm doing fine on my own," you said. "But what exactly do you do in between our little meetings?" You stare straight at him, determined to get something out of him. Chuckling, he explains that "I'm a very busy man, miss, I simply go on business trips around the world."

"Really, doing what exactly?"

"Recruiting members for employment. I'm scouting special people with potential."

"I'm guessing you're trying to recruit me, huh?"

"In a way, yes."

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm not interested in this job offer you have for me." You force a smile. "Goodbye."
You bore into his eyes as you wait for him to take you out of this dream. Unfortunately, you were met with a scornful laugh in your face. "Aren't you an interesting one?" He mused. "How about a deal, then? You don't have to join me, but, perhaps, spend some time with me? I know things that could fill up that little journal of yours."

Journal? How did he know about that?

"What kind of things?" you eye him suspiciously. At your inquiry, he pulls out an arrowhead. And a decorated one at that. Its golden features shimmer in the moonlight as you inspect its intricate features, a golden beetle in the center of it, replicated in extraordinary detail. This arrow grabbed your full attention. You knew immediately- this one was special. Are there more like it? Is it the only one in the world? Maybe this isn't goodbye.

Yet.

Knowing he finally piqued your interest, Dio knew you were going to stay. With the face you had at the moment, you were drawn into its charm. "Well," he starts. "How about it? This arrow is in a league of its own. If you visit more often, the hidden power behind it is worth learning." His words are actually starting to dawn on you. His tone, the way each word spilled out of his lips seemed ethereal, otherworldly. This, with the added beauty of the arrowhead, enticed you. You knew you were messing with someone you shouldn't, but you sure as heck wouldn't let him get to you.