As Fate May Have It

Hol Horse couldn't believe it.

But at the same time, it was somewhat expected, so what could he do but believe it anyway?

All the Crusaders were right in front of him, knocked out, bleeding, and unconscious under the rubble.

"It was so sudden, even they couldn't get their Stands out in time to avoid the truck...I can't believe it. All four of them at once..."

Boingo was still in shock from nearly getting hit by the truck before. Yet, he was saved by you at the very last second.
Finally processing what Hol Horse had said, he hastily grabbed his book, holding it tightly.
"Y-yes, it is fate, yes. My premonitions are absolute." Gulping down the lump in his throat, he continued. "But it's too early to finish them off. We must see what the next prediction says, yes."

"Okay!" Hol Horse nodded.

The next few pages of the book slowly appeared, continuing the story:

"Hooray! The chance to kill them has arrived! But be careful." Said Boingo. "We should hide and see how things go."

"It's still too soon to get close to them. The other three have passed out, but Jotaro's still awake." Said Hol Horse.

The final prediction finally then appeared.

"Now, Hol Horse's next attack will be the climax! Hol Horse found some guys working on sewage pipes. He paid them so they'd open up a section of the pipes. If Hol Horse fires all of his bullets into that pipe at noon sharp..."

Hol Horse couldn't contain his excitement. "W-What's going to happen if I fire into that pipe? Hurry up and turn the page!"

"The bullets will come shooting out of the pipe. And then BOOM! Hol Horse's bullets sh0t through his brain! Right smack in the middle of his forehead!"

"I was waiting for this, yes!" Boingo bounced in excitement. "I was waiting for this prediction, yes. He he he!"

"That's amazing Boingo!"

"I'll be able to avenge my brother, yes!" Boingo grinned from ear to ear. "There is no mistake in this prediction, yes! If you sho0t your bullets into this pipe, Jotaro will die, and look! Miss Jackie is only in the bed of the truck, not under the rubble. It'll be easy to grab her and go while she's still knocked out."

"Heh-heh-heh." Hol could already smell the victory at hand. That was, until he realized something. "But wait... It mentions a specific time. At noon sharp?"

Checking his watch, time was against him, wanting to be an obstacle in the way.

It is currently 11:58 a.m.

Eyes wide like saucers, Hol knew that his actions immediately depended on the success of this assassination and his life.

And it seemed his actions did indeed spell out his doom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They missed! What the hell, Boingo! Look! Jotaro and the others are alive. None of my bullets hit them! It's totally different from the prediction!"

Just a few feet away, all the men were helping each other out of the debris, dusting themselves off. Other than a few cuts and scratches, the problem was the fact that Jotaro was still alive.

As Polnareff blew his nose from the assault Hol Horse did on it, Jotaro looked around, knowing that something was missing.

Or rather, someone.