If you gaze into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

It was an early Sunday morning, a short young woman in her 20s with short black hair had just woken up and began to stretch to shake off the sleepiness, when suddenly, a noisy alarm went off. The young woman was frightened by such a scandal, she took a machete that was under her pillow and rolled to the ground.

"Damn it, it's Sunday," the woman wailed, "stupid Wesen," he grumbled as he got up and sheathed her machete. Despite getting up from sleep, Theresa Rubel was dressed in jeans, a T-shirt and a black leather jacket.

Theresa, or better known as Trubel, yawned and placed the sheathed machete on her nightstand. Her room was quite simple, white walls, a wooden floor, a bed, a wardrobe, and a nightstand. Suddenly, Trubel heard hurried footsteps approaching her.

"Trubel!" A man exclaimed from the other side of the door.

—"Don't worry, I'm fine, it was just the stupid internet alarm!" The girl answered over the alarm. Where the fuck is my laptop?! Trubel desperately searched her room.

"I'm glad, but could you turn it off?!" The voice demanded tiredly. "Adalind gets grumpy if she's woken up this early, especially on a Sunday! Not to mention Kelly!"

"Too late, darling! Trubel! Shut that damn thing off before I burn it!" The aforementioned Adalind replied, she was definitely in a bad mood. "You're lucky Kelly didn't wake up to this noise!"

"I'm on it!" Then at last she saw the device emitting that infernal noise. She immediately deactivated the alarm and the three people let out a collective sigh.

Trubel then went wearily to the door and opened it, meeting the tired and somewhat annoyed faces of her interlocutors, who were in pajamas.

Adalind Schade was a beautiful woman in her 28s with long blonde hair of somewhat short stature, quite slim but with a body that many men would kill for, and some did.

"Well? Why did the alarm go off?" Adalind demanded. It better be something important something important, she thought, my beauty sleep hours are priority.

"I'm on it." Trubel had sat on his bed with her laptop on her lap, checking the notifications. "Oh oh." The young woman looked at the only male in the room.

"It has to do with me, doesn't it?" The man put a hand to his face, while Adalind looked at him with concern. "God, sometimes I hate being a Grimm." Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt hated that certain Wesen kept trying to kill him. "Is it another bounty on my head?"

"Not really," Trubel explained without taking his eyes off the screen, "someone just looked up your name and seems to be trying to locate you, if their Facebook searches are any indicator."

Nick was really grateful now that he had deleted his account when the Verrat had first tried to hunt him down. "Do you have any idea who that might be?" He crossed his arms and leaned against the door. Despite being in his early thirties, he felt really old. When will they stop chasing me? He thought.

Nick was a man who had survived numerous battles, both as a cop before he was a Grimm, and later as a detective AND a Grimm. Being of average height, with black hair and an athletic build, Nick did not seem very intimidating, but appearances are deceptive.

"Actually yes, he's supposedly a 'Lincoln Loud', but anyone can create a false identity," she mentioned.

"Do you know something about him?" Nick was interested, not having a European last name, it was unlikely he was from any of the royal families.

"I'll go get coffee, it seems this will take some time," Adalind commented as she walked away. "Do you want anything from the kitchen?"

"A coffee and some toast," Nick said, sitting next to his protégé and distant cousin, staring at the screen.