Chapter 7

"Hi, Harry!"

I burst into a run. Ever since I became friends with the Weasley twins, they have been acting like creepy shadows. I got a good twenty feet when two arms hooked under my arms, dragging me away.

"Guys I have homework today, I don't have time for pranks!" I said frantically, trying to get away from them.

"Everyone has time for pranks!" Fred -or was that George?- said with a smirk. "But we're not getting you involved in a prank today."

"Right there, George," Darn it, I was so close. "We're taking you to watch the Gryffindor's Quidditch practice!"

I tilted my head, my legs finally cooperating and I kept up with the leggy twins. No point in running away if they're going to chase. "Wait, why would you bring me to watch you practice? I'm a Slytherin and I hate Quidditch-..."

My eyebrows knitted together, head leaning forward with a glare. "You guys are just bringing me along so your captain doesn't make you guys work to the bone."

Fred slammed a hand over his heart, "My word, you wound us, Harry. We would never do that! Right, George?"

"Right, Fred. We simply wanted our dear buddy to watch us practice!"

I crossed my arms, "..."

The twins looked at each other, "Kinda looks like mum..."

"Indeed brother..."

"..."

"..."

I rolled my eyes while the twins continued to stare at me in a rare moment of mute silence. "Wow... your captain must be a workaholic... Fine, I'll go watch."

"Brilliant!" The twins cheered and their pace increased, this time dragging me faster to the Quidditch field.

This was a surprisingly pleasant day for November. At least there was a little bit of sun poking out from behind a thick layer of grey sky. It's been raining for at least three days straight, so the ground squished underneath our feet while we walked.

"Morning everyone!" The twins greeted everyone with waves.

"Fred, George! You're late!" Oh no, where comes Wood.

Oliver Wood stormed over to us, full-on Quidditch gear and broom in hand. "I finally get us a new seeker and you have the gall to be late-" He freezes at the sight of me, eyes roaming all over until he spots the snake badge on my robes. "Why did you bring a Slytherin here?"

"I have a name, Wood. I don't see any rules saying I can't watch you practice. This is a public space provided by the school after all," I said, resting my hands behind my head casually. Even if I'm not a fan of the game, I'm at least gonna take this opportunity to get more connections in Gryffindor.

Wood gulped, brows furrowing, "Yes, but I don't want a Slytherin watching; You'll just tell our strategies to Flint." His accusations are completely justified, but that also makes hammering him down a peg even easier.

"Have you never seen me interact with that guy? Why would I tell him anything-" I hold up my hand when Wood opened his mouth. "And don't say it's to ensure Slytherin's victory, we both know they're just going to cheat anyway. I don't even like Quidditch, I'm only here to support Fred and George."

Like an anvil thrown into a lake, Wood's mouth dropped open, "Not... like... Quidditch?"

"Uh oh..." I hear George mutter behind me.

"Should have seen this coming," Fred responded.

Wood flung his arms forward and grabbed my shoulders, face pale. "How could the son of James Potter, not like Quidditch?!" He gave me a quick shake, causing my glasses to go askew. "This is impossible!"