Kokatsu doesn't like loose ends apparently...

One week had passed since Kokatsu's first day in school and it was enough to learn quite a bit about my new friend. So, you guess I can treat this as a personal progress report of sorts.

When it comes to his academic behavior... it's honestly stellar. I mean, he just listens to the classes and takes notes. He never asks questions too and considering the fact that he easily aced the little test we had yesterday... he certainly doesn't need them. Hearing his result was the first I ever thought "that's a Hinami building-A student for you".

Guess his lack of common knowledge really was because of his old school's education... which really makes me wonder what the hell are they teaching at building-A. "Probably the level was so high that they never bothered learning about useless things like arcade", was my only guess.

So high level that he wouldn't know ANYTHING about culture in general. I tried showing my huge manga collection... and he really knew none of them! Yugioh, dragon ball, Neogenesis Evangelion, and EVEN pokemon, he knew none of them. I mean, these are franchises that are everywhere... just how sheltered was he?

Tossing aside his pathetic lack of culture, I also learned that Kokatsu had a pronounced dislike for unfinished business.

So here I was, two days ago during the morning, depressing on my desk while waiting for the first class to happen.

I was cursing the fact that the Deadly avenger still hadn't reported anything about the Endless stage as I just couldn't wait to find out more about it.

Well, I was daydreaming and theorizing about where it could be until I was brutally forced into reality by the prick named Kokatsu with a painful hit to my head.

"Ow, what the hell is wrong with you, dumbass?!", I yelled as I tried to recover from the hit.

"Class is about to start, airhead.", simply answered the prick as he laughed at my face.

"Ugh, you could've done it with less... impact. You should learn from Mary, you brute."

"It's because that naïve fool never used proper force that you're still daydreaming all the time."

"You're still going on with that stupid nickname? You two should just make up already."

"That "nickname" is a proper critique made for her own good. The day she finally learns about how the world works and starts making proper decisions that won't, you know, endanger others will be the day I'll call her something else.", he then explained as he clicked his tongue.

"Very weird coming from someone that doesn't even know what a Pikachu is.", I accurately observe as I prepare the proper material for the math class coming up.

"The day that you find actually uses for that, I'll eat a shoe or two."

"Sure man.", I simply answer, totally expecting him to eat his two shoes soon.

As you can see, Mary and Kokatsu's relationship has already hit rock bottom... in less than a week. In fact, Mary was so mad at him she just wouldn't come near him under any circumstances. But I should focus on the current anecdote before losing my rhythm.

I raised my head and noticed something odd on Kokatsu's face.

"Hey, you got some nasty circles under your eyes. You look like you haven't slept in days.", I observe as I noticed the almost pitch-black circles under my friend's eyes.

"Oh, that... night shifts are taking a bit of a toll on me. Gotta pay the rent somehow. Never mind that, someone's got something to tell you.", he explains as he gets out of the class and... drags in the leader of the Mary Fan club.

...

Well... that certainly woke me up.

"Kokatsu... what is this?!", I exclaimed as I waited for a proper explanation.

"I made him realize something simple named logic... aka I told that if Mary finds out about the stuff, he's been doing... well... their very existence will be denied by her justifiable hate. So, he's here to apologize... right?!", he explains as he gives a deadly glare to the currently pitiful-looking leader.

Oh...

Oh my god.

He's blackmailing them.

This...

This is fucking glorious. To think the way to get rid of these cockroaches was THAT simple. When I thought about it, it all made sense. It was simple logic, if Mary were to hate them for their actions towards me, their very purpose would be denied forever.

Simply brilliant, makes me feel stupid for not thinking about it sooner.

"Ye... yes that's right, I'd like to, on behalf of all of my friends, apologize for our behavior. We'll make sure to never act this way ever again.", said the leader as he quivered in fear.

"Man... Kokatsu must've put you guys through hell, huh?", I asked, noticing the strange behavior.

"Yeah he-", he started... only to get electrocuted by my friend.

"Alright, that's enough out of you, gotta bring him back to his class before the bell rings. See ya!", casualty said Kokatsu as he just dragged the fainted cockroach back to his class.

...

AND NOBODY REACTED TO THAT!

WHAT THE HELL?!

Mary then entered class, followed Kokatsu, they silently took their seat while giving each other death glares and class started.

Oh yeah... about that relationship of theirs... andthe mess I now have to fix on