Part 1

I've lived here for 4 years now... at the Avengers Headquarters. I really like it here. I get three free meals a day and I have my own room. Plus, the people here are a joy to be around. I'd say Nat and I have become very close friends. Oh, and Thor too of course... I can talk to him about anything.

So point is... I have a lot of great friends here. But there's one person I really don't like and he clearly doesn't like me either. His name is Loki. He's been living here longer than I have, but he's hated me from the moment he first saw me. I honestly don't know why he hates me so much... I haven't done anything to him.

                 *********************

My boyfriend broke up with me today. I went back to the Avengers Headquarters all heartbroken and when I entered the building they noticed I've been crying. All of them were looking at me with worried looks.

"Hey! Y/n, is everything okay?"

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around. It was Thor.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I replied shakily.

He obviously knew something was up, I shouldn't lie to him.

"I can see you've been crying, y/n." He said. "You know you can tell me anything, right? We're friends after all."

"Yeah... I know."

There was a moment of silence before I finally said something. "My boyfriend broke up with me today and it was our 2 year anniversary yesterday.".

"Oh, that son of a b-" Thor growled. "I'm going to kill him.".

"Thor, it's okay... I'm okay." I said quietly.

"Well well... would you look at this." someone said behind me. "Didn't know the tough girl cried".

I turned around and there he was... that snake.

"Loki... leave her alone." Thor said angrily. "Her boyfriend recently broke up with her, so show some kind of compassion for once in your life.".

"Really?" Loki replied with a smug look on his face. "Did y/n's boyfriend break up with her? Not surprised.".

His poisonous words hurt, but I wasn't going to show how much his words hurt. I don't want to give him the pleasure.

"Loki! You little..." Thor said and took a step closer to Loki.

I was afraid that Thor would punch Loki, so I stepped in front of him. "Hey! Thor... don't!" I growled.

Thor stepped back, surprised as to why I protected Loki... considering I hate him so much. I turned around to look at Loki and he looked surprised as well.

Before anyone had a chance to say anything else, I walked away. I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I walked off to my room.

I slammed the door shut and locked it. I didn't want any company right now, I just wanted to be left alone.