Chapter 3

I drink the last sips of my coffee, as I walk up the stairs to my district building. 

"Morning Upton, only thinking about yourself huh?" Trudy Platt greets me, eyeing my empty coffee cup. 

"G'morning Platt, I'll get you one next time I promise." I reply, grinning as I buzz myself in to go upstairs.

I go to the lockers and put my stuff away, as my partner sneaks up behind me.

"Soooooo, I hear Voight has news for us today?" Kim starts, leaning against the lockers next to mine.

 "News about what?" I ask, adjusting my gun holster to my waist and cliping my badge.

 "Some new guy, and we've got a big case today." She smirks, picking her hair up into a ponytail.

 We both go into the bullpen, greeting Adam and Kevin. We sit down at our desks, waiting for our Sargeant to inform us about what to do today. I peer into the blinds of his office, to see Voight with Antonio speaking to some guy that I can only see the back of his head. When their conversation appears to be over, all of them step out of Voight's office.

 "Alright Team, we've got a new detective joining us, Jay Halstead." Voight announces, as the same guy from the cafe shop appears by his side. My eyes widen as his glance looks in my direction. 

"What's up bro?" Kevin gives Jay a bro hug. 

"Welcome to the team." Adam says, punching Jay's arm. And Kim gives the guy a hand shake, welcoming him too.

"Hailey, Jay's going to be your new partner." Voight informs me, walking over to my desk with Jay by his side.

"We've met." I say, smiling as I shake my new partner's hand. 

Author's Note: Antonio is still going to be in the picture in this story because I miss him around, lol! Hope you guy's are enjoying the story so far! :)) - alysha