Chapter 4

"Wait.. so hottie is the guy you met at the coffee shop, who just so happens to be your new partner?" Burgess thinks aloud, swinging her pointer finger as she speaks.

 "Kim, your way more excited than I am about having a new partner.. was I such a bad one?" I laugh, joking about her enthusiasm in the transition.

"No, but at least you get the hottie. I'm stuck with Adam." Kim rolls her eyes, walking back to her desk.

"So, we meet twice in one day? Starting to think it's not a coincidence?" Jay jokes, walking over to his new desk next to Hailey's.

Hailey smirked, as she turned around in her chair towards the front of the bullpen.

"Alright, this is our case we picked up today." Antonio announced, clipping evidence and victim photographs on the board.

"Josiah Lanseff, 26 years old, wanted for illegal possession of firearms, drug use and trade." Antonio continued, pointing at the picture of a dark male.

"Josiah's crew made a hit on a local Pharmaceutical buisness owner, Ray Johnson, and they got their hands on some heavy drugs. " Voight leads on, taking out pictures of their dead victim and adding it to the board.

"Those drugs are going to end up on our streets, and there's going to be many deals being made." Antonio cut in.

"Talk to your CI's, get information on Josiah's people, who does he talk to? Who's he dealing with?" Voight adds. "Let's get answers."