Chapter 11

_______________________

Alex awoke in her own bed today. As much as she wanted to stay with stiles he was staying Scott's. Things still being off with them she took the hint and left at midnight. She continued to read the book at home wanting to get as much read as possibles.

The book didn't make her feel any different, she kept anxiously awaiting for her memory to surface but nothing appeared to be happening.

She grabbed a fresh outfit from her closet, stripping from her pajamas she got dressed.

She tied up her shoes, bouncing from her bed she walked down the hall into her bathroom she grabbed the toothbrush and starting brushing her teeth.

She bent down and spit out the toothpaste
"Success" an eerie static voice filled the air

Her head shot up, her eyes darting around the small room, no one but her in the apartment of course. She shook her head and walked back to her room.

She felt a sting take over her arm and winced looking down to see her veins colored black.

"What" She questioned what was happening, this definitely not being normal.

She picked up her phone to text stiles, noticing an incoming text from him.

Stiles -
I'm outside xx

Alex -
Coming now, gotta tell you something

Alex locked her phone, before running from her apartment. Eager to tell stiles about the last few minutes, she stepped into the elevator pressing the ground floor button.

She stood anxiously bouncing her foot, her mind chasing the thoughts that flew around it.

As the elevator whooshed down she felt her head become foggy, her eyes blurred over and she stumbled against the wall

Success... success.. success

Her head whirled around as she seen foggy images of the dread doctors spin around her.

"Stop... stop!" She heard the cries of her younger self

She took in a few deep breaths, sliding down the hall as she felt her chest tightened. "It's.. not real" she mumbled to her,

Stiles stood at the elevator doors, waiting for them to open. Alex had been later then she usually would be and he couldn't help but worry.

The doors pinged open, his eyes wide as he seen Alex panting in the corner. He rushed in, Pressing the emergency stop.

He crouched down in front of her, "Alex honey, can you focus on me?" He asked

"I can't..." her breath hitched as she struggled to talk.

"I know, I know" he nodded "I just need you breath with me okay"

He took in a slow deep breath, Alex tried her hardest to mimic his actions. Her chest hurting as she did so.

He held her hands, slowly taking in deep breaths with her.

They did this for a few minutes, until Alex felt she could breath once again

Stiles held her as she stood to her feet, keeping a close eye on her balance.