two

Cling.

The sound of the small teaspoon between your fingers echoed through the quiet walls of Komore Teahouse as it hit your teacup, Taroumaru's eyes watching you intensely. 

You tapped the teaspoon against the teacup's rim twice, before setting it gently on the small plate that laid on the counter next to your teacup. Placing your fingers between the teacup's handle, you brought the hot drink to your lips and took a sip, smiling once you drank it.

"This tea is good, Taroumaru, have you tried it before?" You asked the shiba as you took another sip of your tea, swinging your legs slightly as they dangled from the tall stool you sat on.

"Woof!"

"Do you know how to make tea, Taroumaru?"

"Woof!"

You nodded your head at the dog and smiled as you took another sip. You didn't really understand him, at all- You just liked talking to Taroumaru and watching him bark in response to humor yourself. You wondered how the owner of this entire teahouse is just a shiba, but at least he does his job... As a dog.

"You know, Maru, you remind me of my childhood pet dog-"

"Woof..." He barked angrily, it was amusing how the anger looked visible on his chubby face. He must have not liked being compared to a 'pet', you thought.

You awkwardly giggled as you placed your half-empty cup of tea on the counter, "Hahah... Okay, sorry." He gave you another bark in response, although it sounded happier. 

If only you could understand dogs... Your conversations would be endless with Taroumaru.

You heard the door to Komore Teahouse open, and you'd only assume it was either Lady Kamisato or her retainer. Either way, you immediately stood up and turned around, bowing to the person who had just entered, who happened to be the young lady of the Kamisato clan.

"Lady Kamisato." You spoke, voice quiet as Taroumaru stared at you. His tail started to wag once he noticed Ayaka, and she gave him a smile then her blue eyes were on you once again.

"General (y/n)- Oh no, please, don't bow." She gave you a charming smile, walking towards you and giving you a gentle pat on the shoulder. You just nodded your head and straightened your posture. 

You weren't exactly friends with Lady Ayaka, although she gave you access to enter the teahouse unlike most people, but you'd say you're on good terms with her and her retainer. At least, you hoped they have the same feelings about you, and they don't think of you as just another one of the Shogun's generals.

"To what do I owe you the pleasure?" You questioned as Ayaka took a step away from you, straightening her outfit. "Some of your samurais are looking for you outside the teahouse, I suggest you go talk to them before they tell the Shogun that you aren't around." She replied with that same calm smile on her face.

You quickly gave her your thanks before bowing one last time- ignoring her telling you that it's not necessary- before you quickly made your way out of the teahouse.

Then you realized that you didn't pay for the tea you drank.

"So that's why Taroumaru kept barking..." You muttered to yourself, covering the smile on your face with your palm. "I'll just pay it later." You said, spotting the samurais Ayaka had mentioned before. You made your way to them with a slight wave of your hand.

"Hello," You spoke with a small smile. "I heard you were looking for me?"

One of them nodded his head, "Yes, General. You have an order from the Raiden Shogun herself." He replied, looking uneasy. You mentally questioned his uneasiness, you thought it might have something to do with the order your god gave you, and you were sure it was not because you're their leader or your presence was scary.