four

You met Kujou Sara for the first time when you were just eight years old. Sara was a few years older than you, but the fact that she mastered the bow at such a young age impressed you. Even though she was not the type to make friends, you attempted to at least get on her good side.

In some ways, she inspired you, especially after you watched her win a duel between herself and a trained samurai, and the way she wielded the bow with ease made her seem as if she was born to wield bows. You wanted to be like her- you wanted to fight like her, you wanted to be as cool as her.

You found out from her father, Kujou Takayuki, that she was training to work in the Shogunate, although back then you didn't care about the Shogunate, you simply thought Sara was impressive and amazing for someone her age. You'd say you looked up to her. She was just a few years older than you, but she was already a better fighter than most of the Shogunate fighters you've seen.

So you asked your father, a retired samurai, to train you to fight. The first weapon you chose was a simple katana, small and light enough for someone your age and height.

You ended up mastering the art of sword fighting days after your tenth birthday, the same day you were blessed by the gods to earn an Electro vision, or so you thought that it was a blessing.

You grew up watching Kujou Sara do everything perfectly, from mastering various types of weapons to having what it takes to be a general.

And after you mastered sword fighting, you wanted to learn how to use different weapons like Sara, so you trained under a friend of your father's to teach you how to use polearms. Although it didn't take too long for you to master said weapon, you still preferred swords.

"General (y/n)!"

You muttered a "yes?" as you snapped out of your train of thoughts, your eyes meeting Sara's golden ones. How awkward. You were thinking about her as she stood next to you.

Her eyes scanned you, eyebrows furrowed, and a stern look was on her face. It looked like she was annoyed, you guessed it was because you zoned out.

"You've been spacing out a lot recently, you better focus. Especially right now." She told you, before turning around and walking away from you, making her way to the Shogunate army squad that was gathered a few feet away from you.

You didn't give Sara a reply, you honestly didn't know what to say- you felt uneasy with what you were supposed to do. You've been having second thoughts about everything that has to do with your work.

When you felt your shoes getting wet, you looked down and noticed that you were standing right in front of a beach- Right, you were in Yashiori Island. You were supposed to attack Sangonomiya's resistance army, with you and Sara leading a Shogunate army squad. But it was mostly Sara who was doing the commanding work, as she was more experienced than you.

"(y/n)," You heard the ravenette call out your name, and you looked away from the beach to look at her. "It's time to go, you better be ready." Her voice, as usual and as you expected, was stern. You don't think you've ever seen Sara act anything else that isn't strict or stern.

With a nod of your head, you followed the tall woman to the front lines, with the Shogunate soldiers following you.

-

Your electro-infused sword swung left and right, blocking attacks from the resistance army and delivering electrocuting slashes at them. Although you're sort of a sympathetic person, people would describe you as a fierce individual in battle.

This is for the Raiden Shogun and her everlasting reign. You reminded yourself, repeating Sara's words in your mind. I'm not going to let guilt take over me. You repeated the same words over and over in your head, panting and wiping the sweat off your forehead after you swung your sword at one of the resistance soldiers, watching him drop unconscious on the ground.