nine

Vermilion eyes stared into yours as you exhaled a deep breath, your own eyes scanning Kazuha's reddish face as he took deep breaths, his hair scattered around him that made it look like a crown above his head. He was pretty- too pretty, you thought. You don't remember seeing eyes so beautiful before.

"Oh, sorry, did I go too hard on you?" You questioned with a little smile, your hands still placed on each side of his head, your blades on the ground a few centimeters away from you, worn out and scratched everywhere. Kazuha, still out of breath, returned the smile with an even sweeter one and shook his head, his body still trapped underneath yours.

"Hehe, don't worry about it, my dear friend." He spoke breathlessly, his hand placed on your stomach to give you a little push, and you immediately moved away from him and finally set him free of the cage that was your body over him. "You're quite amazing, (y/n). I didn't expect that final blow... You left me breathless." He continued, sitting up and running a hand through his smooth hair. You figured his hair tie must have fallen off from how much he's been moving around.

Sitting next to Kazuha, you crossed your legs and smiled at him. "Thank you, Kazuha. You're pretty good too," you grinned, "Although I'm better, hahah." You grinned, followed by a wink that made the young wanderer breathlessly chuckle.

"I won't deny that..." He replied, his eyes staring into yours, "...my dear general. Perhaps you could teach me a thing or two." Kazuha spoke, before he stood up and patted the sand particles that stuck to his clothes away, then he ran his finger through his silky hair and ruffled it.

You were definitely staring, of course, and he obviously noticed.

"I'm flattered you enjoy the view." He grinned as he offered you his hand, and you gladly took it, standing up and smoothing your clothes.

You huffed, before a smile made its way on your face. "Now, who said that? I was thinking that you look a bit ugly."

The grin never left his face. "I can tell a liar when I see one."

With a slightly reddened face, you rolled your eyes then walked to where your swords were placed on the sand. Picking them up, you sheathed your own blade, then you gave your wandering companion his own blade. He gave you his thanks, the ever charming smile never leaving his sunkissed face.

You two then took off, leaving the beach and making your way back to the camp. The only thing that made a sound was the beach, waves crashing against each other and creating nerve-calming lullabies, followed by the occasion coo of seagulls and the different birds that flew above your heads. Moments like these made you forget that you were wanted dead or alive by the Shogunate.

A minute or so later, your friend brought your attention to him by clearing his throat. "Tonight, we're going to Tenshukaku." You looked at him with raised eyebrows, slowly nodding your head. By 'we', he definitely meant the Watatsumi Army, but you weren't sure what their plan exactly was.

"What's the plan?"

He stayed silent for a moment, then he looked at you with a sour expression, and it didn't make you feel good. "...you shouldn't come. For your own good, (y/n)." He said with a frown, and that only made you look annoyed. Well, it did annoy you. Out of all people, you were the one who's supposed to be there.

You stopped walking, arms crossed over your chest as you glared at the back of Kazuha's head. Once he noticed you stopped walking, he turned around to face you, his hair still down and framing his face perfectly. "And why is that, Kazuha? Out of everyone, you know I should be the one to go to Tenshukaku." You said, your tone getting a bit harsher when you started talking about yourself.

Sighing, Kazuha took a step closer towards you, and you didn't move an inch. You were a bit surprised once he placed his bandaged hand on your head, ruffling your hair a bit. Not like it wasn't already messy before that. "I know, but you're still not in a good state-"

"What? I'm literally an army general, do you remember that? If you think I look bad right now, then you clearly haven't seen me after a real battle." You spoke with furrowed eyebrows, still as annoyed as ever. You felt like he was underestimating you, like he thought you were weak. But you know that's not true- Hell, you managed to block a hit from the Raiden Shogun just by yourself. Surely that meant a lot about the strength Kazuha thought you lacked, or so you thought.

"I know, (y/n). Don't think I think of you as a weak person, you are one of the strongest people I know." He frowned.

"Then why..."

"Because I worry for you. I don't want you to get hurt again." His hand left your hair and was back at his side, then his frown started turning into a little smile. "I wouldn't forgive myself if you were to get hurt, you know. I truly cherish you, and I am not sure if you feel the same, but my feelings for you are quite strong..." You zoned out for the rest of his little speech.

Wait... you thought as your eyes widened and you felt your face explode into a hot mess. Was this a confession?

"(y/n)?" He questioned, snapping his fingers in front of you to snap you out of your little train of thoughts. You muttered an apology, staring into his bright, vermillion eyes, your own eyes not leaving the swirling seas of red in front of you. 

"What did you say, Kazuha?" You questioned, still looking into his eyes. You were feeling quite embarrassed- your face felt hot, like someone blew up one of Yoimiya's fireworks in your face.

He slyly smiled and shrugged his shoulders, before turning around. "Nothing, hehe..."

And that put a smile on your face. You chased after the young man, holding his wrist in your bandaged hand. "Kaedehara, you bastard." You said with a grin, and he turned around to face you, red eyes staring into (e/c) ones.

"(l/n), you enchanting person." Oh, he made you heart race.

The smile never left his face, and it felt like you two were in a staring contest for what seemed like hours, but it was just a few seconds of comfortable silence.

"I'd say my feelings for you are stronger."

"Oh?"

"That's only because I beat you today, therefore I'm stronger." He chuckled, and you noticed the cute blush that coated his cheeks and nose. He was so pretty, perfect- you don't recall ever meeting a man as beautiful as him.

You were taken aback when he brought his hand to the back of your head, gently cradling it like he felt you would break. He ran his bandaged fingers through your hair once, then he brought your head closer to him, before his lips were on the top of your head, leaving a short, soft kiss then he leaned back.

"We will talk more about this after we're done, how does that grace your ears, my general?" He asked, his fingers still intertwined with your (h/c) locks. You gave him a smile followed by a nod.

"But promise me, (y/n), don't go to Tenshukaku." His smile dropped once he said that, and you only sighed in reply. You knew you weren't going to do that, but you also knew that Kazuha won't drop it.

You took a few seconds to respond, but you just nodded your head.

"Really?"

"Yes..."

Well, maybe you were just gonna watch from the sidelines, but you told yourself you won't intervene.

Unless something happens to Kazuha.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

hello....?! the once in a lifetime update is back! sorry its short, but I had to post it

Scara drip marketing got me on my knees tbh